Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am happy to reissue my Regency romance, A Lady by Chance, making it available to my fans. Originally published in paperback in 2000, the book was sold only at Wal-Mart and had a limited distribution. See www.CherylBolen.com for more new Kindle books.

Cheryl Bolen has done it again with another sparkling Regency romance. . .I highly recommend it. - Happily Ever After

Anna de Mouchet has the stuff of which Regency heroines are made - the right stuff, that is! - In Print

English patriot the Marquess of Haverstock will do anything to reclaim the money his friend lost at cards, money that was to purchase battle plans from a French official. The bewitching Anna de Mouchet agrees to give the marquess back the money she "won." On one condition: that he marry her. From this forced marriage rises a love as powerful as the canons of the war which tears them apart.

EXCERPT:

He set the candle on the marble top of her bedside table and leaned over her, lifting her chin with his finger. "I cannot believe the former Miss De Mouchet blushes over the prospect of displaying her lovely body."

"It is just. . ." Anna whispered, "I did not know this act was performed . . .totally naked?"

His laughter shook the room. "Yes, my dear, we shall perform the act totally naked. I pity your former lovers if they were denied the pleasure of your entire body." His hand moved from her chin, down the slope of her chest, where he flicked off the covering and cupped a full breast while his thumb plied her pink nipple.

"There have been no lovers, my lord," she said in a shaky voice.

He removed his hand and met her bewildered gaze. "Do you mean to tell me you're a virgin?"

All he saw were her huge, brown eyes staring at him like a frightened doe as she nodded.

"So you say. There are ways a man can tell if a woman has been with a man."

She lifted her chin and spoke in a voice now devoid of shakiness. "I'm very happy to learn that. Then I will be exonerated of at least one odious deed."

"Oh, but my dear," he said, sitting beside her on the bed and stroking her breast, "there is nothing at all odious about the deed."

·
Premium Member
63,458 Posts
Cheryl-

Welcome again to KindleBoards and congratulations on the rerelease of your book!

(If you've gotten this welcome before, it's just as a matter of housekeeping. We like to put a copy of the "welcome letter" in each book thread. It doesn't mean you've done anything wrong, it just helps us know that you know the rules.)

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,36.0.html. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think 99-cents is a good price point for this book; so, we're keeping it! People finish this story with a big smile on their faces and, hopefully, click to buy some of my other titles, which are also Regency-set historical romances.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Even better, this book hit No. 10 this week in regency romance (before Sourcebooks flooded amazon with the Georgette Heyer sale). The woman's been dead almost 40 years and she's still a best-seller. I didn't buy any of her books. I already have them all on my keeper shelves.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One of the great things about ebooks is that your books are always "out there." This book was my best seller in June and July, then it began to fade. The new cover in August helped it not fade too much. Yesterday, to my delight, it hit Number 15 in Regency historicals -- the highest it's been in over two months. Gotta love epubbing!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.