Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter's young Marine is home...until Monday (arrived Friday morning). We've kept the secret of his visit a secret for a few weeks now, but it didn't spoil in the keeping. We know they will be apart far more days then they will be together, which makes his visit all the more bittersweet.
She was so surprised her knees buckled..

First there was this

Then this

and this

and this

which lead to this (a new set of "promise" rings he bought - more "official" than their matching Marine ones he says)

but my favorite of the day is this

because as grown up as he is, he still loves his mama.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all the military families this weekend, those who grieve, those who wait, and those who serve.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
That's so sweet! I'm glad she got some time with him before he leaves again!

My thoughts and prayers are with our military families as well along with yours.

theresam

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Kathy said:
It made me cry. This is so sweet. Thanks for sharing. :)
I don't cry at books, or commercials, few tv shows, but this was so sweet - thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Wow what a blessing! Thanks to him and your family for all you do for our country!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Thanks for sharing your happiness! God bless all of the men and women who serve our country, as well as their families and friends who put a part of their lives on hold while their loved ones serve. Happy Memorial Day to you all!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
thanks for sharing - it made me all teary eyed in a good way :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts