Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was passing through a terminal in Houston, connecting to Austin for SXSW, and I thought I'd pop into a bookstore. WOOL doesn't come out until Tuesday, but I've already had people post on Facebook that their store put out copies early. Slim hope, right? A tiny airport bookstore, days before release.

They had four copies on a center table. I saw the back of one of the books first, with my silly mug staring back at me. My heart leapt. I couldn't believe it.

I introduced myself to the clerk and asked if they wanted me to sign the books. While doing this, a man asked me what it was about and then bought a copy! So many firsts all at once. The first time I stumbled into a bookstore to find my book there. First time signing stock here in the US, first direct sale, first handshake with a new customer. Thanks, Michael, whoever you are!

(The books I'm holding were in the way of the first shot. I promise I'm not trying to steal them.)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Well done and congrats!

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Okay, Hugh, I love ya, man, but you got that same befuddled look on your face in every picture. Like: holy [crap]! Can you believe this!? You gotta work on that.

edit:

I think you should go for the Grisham. The lean in and kinda squint.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
WAIT!

You're here in Austin for SXSW? Post to FB if you're out and about and I will find you! (If I do anything strange when I see you--David Adams made me do it!)

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
How cool and exciting! Oh my God, you must have just been thrilled to see those books there.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
That story made MY day!  Congratulations! ;D

·
Registered
463 Posts
Awesome, Hugh.  Congrats!  (great photo, by the way)

Vrabinec, you always make me laugh.  You seem to hit the nail right on the head (in your usual funny and witty kind of way)  :D

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
You know you've made it when your book shows up in an airport bookstore.  :)

Congrats!

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
TexasGirl said:
WAIT!

You're here in Austin for SXSW? Post to FB if you're out and about and I will find you! (If I do anything strange when I see you--David Adams made me do it!)
If he meets you, he'll have another momentous occasion post to make.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts