Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was passing through a terminal in Houston, connecting to Austin for SXSW, and I thought I'd pop into a bookstore. WOOL doesn't come out until Tuesday, but I've already had people post on Facebook that their store put out copies early. Slim hope, right? A tiny airport bookstore, days before release.

They had four copies on a center table. I saw the back of one of the books first, with my silly mug staring back at me. My heart leapt. I couldn't believe it.

I introduced myself to the clerk and asked if they wanted me to sign the books. While doing this, a man asked me what it was about and then bought a copy! So many firsts all at once. The first time I stumbled into a bookstore to find my book there. First time signing stock here in the US, first direct sale, first handshake with a new customer. Thanks, Michael, whoever you are!

(The books I'm holding were in the way of the first shot. I promise I'm not trying to steal them.)

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Okay, Hugh, I love ya, man, but you got that same befuddled look on your face in every picture. Like: holy [crap]! Can you believe this!? You gotta work on that.

edit:

I think you should go for the Grisham. The lean in and kinda squint.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
How cool and exciting! Oh my God, you must have just been thrilled to see those books there.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
You know you've made it when your book shows up in an airport bookstore.  :)

Congrats!

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
TexasGirl said:
WAIT!

You're here in Austin for SXSW? Post to FB if you're out and about and I will find you! (If I do anything strange when I see you--David Adams made me do it!)
If he meets you, he'll have another momentous occasion post to make.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.