Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several of you have asked for easier ways to post links to Amazon Kindle books, Kindle accessories, etc.

We've developed a tool that makes it fairly painless. It creates both text and image links. And, the tool automatically incorporates our affiliate info - which helps keep your forum working for you.

It's KindleBoards' Amazon Link Maker at http://www.kboards.com/link

Try it out! Let me know how it works for you.

- Harvey

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I would like to add to Harvey's instructions that the ASIN # is located in the Product Details of every Amazon product page:

·
Registered
829 Posts
I couldn't get it to work.  :(  waaaah!!!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
chynared21 said:
Same here....when I hit "preview"...nada.
Did you enter all three fields, push the Create KindleBoards link button and then copy and paste the resulting link (the one that appears in the Image Link box) into your post?

While Harvey's page makes it much easier, you have to follow each and every step exactly to get the correct result.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
Did you enter all three fields, push the Create KindleBoards link button and then copy and paste the resulting link (the one that appears in the Image Link box) into your post?

While Harvey's page makes it much easier, you have to follow each and every step exactly to get the correct result.
Yes, it worked when I used the "preview" there.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
You saw the resulting link pasted in the posting window? Can you make and post a screen capture?

Here's a more visual instruction... Once your "preview" works as you want, you need to copy the entire link (either the one in the "Text Link" box, or the one in the "Image Link" box) - using Ctrl-C, or Edit... Copy..., then paste the entire contents into your post.

Harvey provided a nice little (select) link below each of the link boxes to highlight the entire link so you don't miss any of the characters. You need to do this (or select with your mouse) prior to copying.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
You saw the resulting link pasted in the posting window? Can you make and post a screen capture?

Here's a more visual instruction... Once your "preview" works as you want, you need to copy the entire link (either the one in the "Text Link" box, or the one in the "Image Link" box) - using Ctrl-C, or Edit... Copy..., then paste the entire contents into your post.

Harvey provided a nice little (select) link below each of the link boxes to highlight the entire link so you don't miss any of the characters. You need to do this (or select with your mouse) prior to copying.

Yes, I hit the select out of curiosity and copied what was highlighted...saw the entire thing pasted in a posting box. This is just as baffling as my inability to have a banner on MySpace :-\

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
chynared21 said:
Yes, I hit the select out of curiosity and copied what was highlighted...saw the entire thing pasted in a posting box. This is just as baffling as my inability to have a banner on MySpace :-\
OK, I have one last idea... Go ahead and create a link, and post it here in this thread. Then I can have a look at your post and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
OK, I have one last idea... Go ahead and create a link, and post it here in this thread. Then I can have a look at your post and see what happens.
I copied and pasted the link....but I'm sure it's missing in this post.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
chynared21 said:
It is missing. :-[
Actually, it is in there. I am looking it over now to see where the formatting error is.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
1 - 20 of 76 Posts