Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love showing people my Kindle. I could go on and on about how much I love it. BUT, ever since the K2 has come out now I have to use the caveat, "This is the original Kindle, they have a new one out now that's..." then I tell about the K2. I love love love my K1, and haven't considered upgrading until this one dies, but I have realized I hate showing off an older model! Every time I mention, "But there's a new one that's thinner," etc. I wish I had a new one to show them.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I too demo my k1 a lot and now use the "but there's a newer version" caveat.  It is a negative for k1 but I also see where it could also apply to k2.   

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I know just what you mean. I was flying home a week ago and had a long wait at the airport. I decided to eat lunch and while eating I was reading my KK. I had 2 people stop and ask me about it and I had to say the exact thing you did. I love my KK too, but it makes you feel out of date. :)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I am looking for another K1, at a decent price, and it almost appears that the K2 is cheaper than a K1, go figure  :eek:  Some of the prices at Amazon are $1k or even $900+  I don't think so  :-\

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Anju said:
I am looking for another K1, at a decent price, and it almost appears that the K2 is cheaper than a K1, go figure :eek: Some of the prices at Amazon are $1k or even $900+ I don't think so :-\
K1's might end up being a collector's item...I'm still thinking about getting another K1 as a backup. Check out craigslist. My area has some pretty good prices on them...but I'm waiting for a really desperate person to sell one to me really cheap.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Anju said:
I am looking for another K1, at a decent price, and it almost appears that the K2 is cheaper than a K1, go figure :eek: Some of the prices at Amazon are $1k or even $900+ I don't think so :-\
There is someone here at my company that is selling one for $250. She states:

"I am selling the Amazon Kindle has more then a half year warranty left on it. I am selling it for $250, currently sells for $359. In like new condition. Comes with wall charger, Original box & warranty information, Neoprene protective case, Skin to protect from Scratches (can be easily removed), 2GB Memory Card."

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well, look at it this way; when we all replace our Kindle 2s with Kindle 3 models in (eighteen months ???) then the Kindle 2 will be "old".  :)

I'm keeping my Kindle 1 at work for light reading on break, lunch at my desk, etc.  and using Whispersync for those occasions when I share reading material on the two Kindles.

- Walter...

·
Registered
530 Posts
Cowgirl said:
K1's might end up being a collector's item...I'm still thinking about getting another K1 as a backup. Check out craigslist. My area has some pretty good prices on them...but I'm waiting for a really desperate person to sell one to me really cheap.
When I ordered my K2, I put my K1 on Craigs list and it sold pretty quickly...almost too quick! I had to put in my description that I was not going to release my K1 until my K2 had a least shipped!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Cowgirl said:
Just wait for the economy to go down the drain a little further and you might be able to get it. ;)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I am still happy with my now endangered, soon-to-be-extinct, outdated, Kindle-1.

It does everything it was designed to do - amazing! ;)

-sailor

·
Registered
300 Posts
I like to tell people my Kindle 1 is the "Kindle Klassic" and is no longer available. If they want to buy a new Kindle for themselves they will have to settle for the Kindle 2.

It's all how you spin it. ;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
farmwife99 said:
I like to tell people my Kindle 1 is the "Kindle Klassic" and is no longer available. If they want to buy a new Kindle for themselves they will have to settle for the Kindle 2.

Very good, farmwife!

L

·
Registered
89 Posts
WalterK said:
Well, look at it this way; when we all replace our Kindle 2s with Kindle 3 models in (eighteen months ???) then the Kindle 2 will be "old". :)

I'm keeping my Kindle 1 at work for light reading on break, lunch at my desk, etc. and using Whispersync for those occasions when I share reading material on the two Kindles.

- Walter...
I've decided to keep my K1 until K3 comes out........because my K1 was a birthday gift from my hubby, so it has sentimental value.....will probably keep the K1 forever but get the K3 when it comes out.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
farmwife99 said:

That's a better way of doing it. :)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I decided to wait to upgrade my Kindle Klassic.  After all my KK is only 5 months old. . .  Plus I have spent all this money on accessories. . .  Difficult to justify K2.  Last night I broke the news to DH that there is a K2.  He looked at me rather sharply and in an edgy voice said, "I suppose you are going to have to buy one.".  It was rather nice to airly reply that I am keeping my KK.  He didn't appear to believe me.  ::)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I tell people that I paid $125 for K1, but you'll have to pay close to $400 for a K2 with cover. Which sounds more desirable?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts