Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious what the other gals carry their well covered Kindles in....
Keep in mind I am not really girly and right now have a backpack tossed in the back of the jeep along with a good dozen books and usually carry my money and cards in my back pocket leaving the bag locked up....you tend to leave girly behind in the winter on the western slopes of Colorado....
....but now that I have a Kindle on the way I am thinking I'm not leaving Kindle in the jeep alone for nothing..... but not being girly I am finding only foofoo woowoo looking stuff....and as Kindle is not yet here having trouble with the idea of a good size.....
any suggestions on places to look???

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I use a microfiber healthy back bag from LL Bean. I've carried the same one for years...they wear like iron. My Kindle fits in there just fine along with my wallet, checkbook and assorted other stuff.

L

·
Registered
829 Posts
Leslie said:
I use a microfiber healthy back bag from LL Bean. I've carried the same one for years...they wear like iron. My Kindle fits in there just fine along with my wallet, checkbook and assorted other stuff.

L
I've been looking at these for years trying to decide if it would work for me or not. I carry SO MUCH stuff. Glad to hear they wear well.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I use the Ameribag which looks like Leslie's LL Bean bag and love it.  It comes in many sizes so you can get one to match your needs.  My XS is actually large enough to carry my Kindle, my good-sized billfold, my small cosmetic bag, a small flashlight etc.  They come in a variety of materials too.... the microfiber is my favorite.... but there is also canvas, nylon, leather.  And, they wear like iron!  Lots of colors to choose from too so it's a great option.  And, Ameribags don't slip off your shoulder so I feel like my Kindle is safe inside!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Leslie I am curious if the LL Bean bag you have is small, med or large?

Thanks
According to the measurements on the website and measuring my bag, I have a small.

L

·
Registered
385 Posts
I like this bag:

It's a Buxton, and I got mine at HSN (the demonstration on TV totally sold me). Here is the link to the bag: http://home-solutions.hsn.com/buxton-shoulder-leather-organizer_p-2223647_xp.aspx?web_id=4092960&ocm=sekw, it comes in several colors, which aren't always all available. Personally, I like the black one, but that's just me. It fits Skinderella perfectly (with the original cover on, too!), and there's room for other stuff. It's a great little organizer bag, imho, and is inexpensive. It slings over your body (I can't think what that's called) and I like it to sit in front, down low between my hip and my belly button ...geesh, there's gotta be a pic on the hsn site, so I'll stop trying to describe that, lol. It also leaves me hands free to do whatever I'd like, and if I'm traveling, or walking to my car at night, besides having both hands free, I feel safer knowing it's not easy to pickpocket, or tear of my shoulder.

It's not a fashion statement, nor is it girly, but it's not like I feel like I'm walking around with a toolbelt on my hip :).

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I carry my kindle in two different bags, which one I use depends where I am going.
the front pocket of my day pack fits my kindle quite well (usually used when hiking or going to the gym)

I use this one when I go to school, because it has a cushioned area for my laptop.

Forgot to mention, the brand for my messenger bag has many more designs and smaller bags. Golla is a bit pricy, but I go to TheCellGuru.com and its much cheaper than other sites I have visited.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I use a messenger style purse for mine. It makes me feel more secure than it would if it were in a regular purse or tote bag.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
KindleCat said:
I like this bag:

It's a Buxton, and I got mine at HSN (the demonstration on TV totally sold me). Here is the link to the bag: http://home-solutions.hsn.com/buxton-shoulder-leather-organizer_p-2223647_xp.aspx?web_id=4092960&ocm=sekw, it comes in several colors, which aren't always all available. Personally, I like the black one, but that's just me. It fits Skinderella perfectly (with the original cover on, too!), and there's room for other stuff. It's a great little organizer bag, imho, and is inexpensive. It slings over your body (I can't think what that's called) and I like it to sit in front, down low between my hip and my belly button ...geesh, there's gotta be a pic on the hsn site, so I'll stop trying to describe that, lol. It also leaves me hands free to do whatever I'd like, and if I'm traveling, or walking to my car at night, besides having both hands free, I feel safer knowing it's not easy to pickpocket, or tear of my shoulder.

It's not a fashion statement, nor is it girly, but it's not like I feel like I'm walking around with a toolbelt on my hip :).

I like this! Put it on my wish list. Thanks for posting!

Betsy

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow!!!
Thanks everyone!!! KindleKat I love that one and have logged that into my fav page for payday....
I really like it.... someone sent me a link for one from levenger that deffinently goes on the wish list!
Its a saddlebagish thing but a bit pricey with just ordering my kindle....but one can dream....that's how the kindle came was a dream....I promise to learn to put pics into post.....
*waving* thanks everyone!!!
Kindler's are Awesome!!!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
DebT said:
I was curious what the other gals carry their well covered Kindles in....
Keep in mind I am not really girly and right now have a backpack tossed in the back of the jeep along with a good dozen books and usually carry my money and cards in my back pocket leaving the bag locked up....you tend to leave girly behind in the winter on the western slopes of Colorado....
....but now that I have a Kindle on the way I am thinking I'm not leaving Kindle in the jeep alone for nothing..... but not being girly I am finding only foofoo woowoo looking stuff....and as Kindle is not yet here having trouble with the idea of a good size.....
any suggestions on places to look???
Thanks for starting this thread DebT! I am not a girly-girl either and was trying to figure out what I needed to transport Kwinn in. I knew she wouldn't fit in my pocket!! :)

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
I have used a backpack as a "purse" since forever. I am going on a cruise soon and so I have been looking at "travel" cases for my Kindle. I've come across these in my search. You may find them useful. Both cases are under $25, too!

I found this case from a mention on the Amazon Kindle discussion board. It looks very sturdy, being a hard case. Here is the link

Then I noticed the same maker has another item that is more of a carry bag. Definitely has more room and it comes with a shoulder strap. You can see it here:

This one is a simple slipcover, like the Waterfield case. Check it out at

Hope this helps,

Marci PS I had expected my links to be text & not pictures. Nice surprise & you can still click on the photos to get more info

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Love this thread. When I went to college, I lived out of my backpack - everything went into it and like WisteriaC., I just threw it into my Jeep and off I went.

Would like to put Kindle with cover into some separate bag besides my purse, or be able to put it into a smaller bag into my purse. With all these ideas, I will choose which idea I like.

I too have the Buxton Bag that KindleCat has...love it - brought it to Disneyland and all vacations, it has places for EVERYTHING and keeps things well organized. Haven't even thought of Kindle in it...will have to check it out and maybe I won't have to buy anything else.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
These are pretty cool: http://www.theibag.com/servlet/StoreFront

What I like about them is they are NOT just one big pocket inside. I've seen them in person at various craft fairs (including one 'round here this past weekend)and it looks like there are a couple of styles that have pockets well sized to carry a Kindle. I admit to not looking too closely because I didn't want to tempt myself. . . but I have looked at them before I had my Kindle. They're pretty sturdily made and not at all froufrou -- even the tapestry ones are not bad. And if I remember correctly, you can request a monogram -- but that may be a different, similar, item from a different vendor.

Ann

1 - 20 of 162 Posts