Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The good news: The Colin Dexter books about Inspector Morse are coming to the Kindle.

The bad news: The only one that will be available at present will be the last one of the 12 or 13 volume series,
where Morse dies.
Go figure.

Mike

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
jmiked said:
The good news: The Colin Dexter books about Inspector Morse are coming to the Kindle.

The bad news: The only one that will be available at present will be the last one of the 12 or 13 volume series,
where Morse dies.
Go figure.

Mike
I knew no more Inspector Morse books were going to be written, but I didn't know what your spoiler revealed.

Let me know if the rest of the series becomes available.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyway, that series was wrapped up 10 years ago, hasn't the spoiler status expired by now? Plus, both the author and star of the series are no longer with us.

Mike

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
jmiked said:
Anyway, that series was wrapped up 10 years ago, hasn't the spoiler status expired by now? Plus, both the author and star of the series are no longer with us.

Mike
Boy, you're just full of good news today.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oops, I mis-spoke. Colin Dexter is still with us. John Thaw definitely isn't, though.

I really, really liked the Inspector Morse TV series.

Mike

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gertiekindle said:
I also liked Midsomer Murders.
Me, too. I went to a lot of trouble to get the behind-the-scenes book on Midsomer, and use it as a reference guisde.

I didn't like the novels quite as much as I did the TV series, though, I haven't read most of them. Same for the Inspector Lynley series.

Mike

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just to show that we're all so different, I liked the Lynley books much more than the TV series.  Havers, especially, didn't fit my mental picture from the books.

I also enjoyed the Inspector Lewis series (a spin off of the Morse series)

I've never tried the Midsomer books, but I adore the TV series.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts