Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to give my K1 to my younger son.

I know how to deregister my K 1 but what I am not sure about is how to get it back to how it was before I started putting books on it. Is that possible?

My son and I do not have the same taste in reading material so if it is possible, I would like to give it to him in a pristine state...

patrisha

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
My understanding is all you need to do is delete your books.  Once it's deregistered he can then register it himself and start over adding his own taste in books.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I think you are right, Deb. Just deregister the Kindle and delete the books. The fastest delete is probably to just connect to the computer and use Windows explorer. But you can do it in content manager, too.

You son is getting a great gift!

L

·
Registered
460 Posts
That's some gift you are giving him, I'm sure he'll really appreciate it. As has been mentioned, just de-register and delete all the books, and it's good to go.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all very much for your input. I will do what you suggested. I WAS hoping that there would be a return-t-factory-default command as there was for my first K2. {This was the one with the fading-in-sunlight effect. The CS person had me do a reset which got rid of everything on the Kindle in one click. And, of course, he assured me, everything I had bought from Amazon was available there to be downloaded again!}

And, yes, he is aware that he is a fortunate young man not only for getting the Kindle1 but because he also gets a lovely red Sky Dragon Oberon cover with it!

patrisha

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Patrisha, this is a very generous gift for your son.  I'm sure that if you trust him enough to give it to him he will take very good care of it.  What a thoughtful mom.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
B-Kay said:
Patrisha, this is a very generous gift for your son. I'm sure that if you trust him enough to give it to him he will take very good care of it. What a thoughtful mom.
Well, he is a good kid and I like to be nice to both my sons.
Of course, I should probably stop calling them my "kids" since the older one is 53 and his "baby"brother {the one who is getting the Kindle1} is 32!

Ummm, yes, there are 21 years between them. Well, actually 20 years and 51 weeks between them...

patrisha

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
patrisha #150 said:
Of course, I should probably stop calling them my "kids" since the older one is 53 and his "baby"brother {the one who is getting the Kindle1} is 32!

Ummm, yes, there are 21 years between them. Well, actually 20 years and 51 weeks between them...

patrisha
Patrisha, I still call my sons "the boys" and they are 31 and 32! They'll always be my boys.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
patrisha #150 said:

patrisha
my funny mother story -- I was visiting my aunt in AZ and was taking her and her friends out to dinner and one friend in the back seat was worrying about her son - he had just bought a new house - I was listening to her worry away - then all of a sudden it hit me and I started giggling - she was in her 90's her son was in his 70's and a self made millionaire -- so you never ever stop worrying about them or thinking of them as kids I guess ;)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have mentioned this in another thread but it still amuses me. If I am in a crowd and a child's voice says "Mom?" my head whips around automatically! ;D

patrisha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts