Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have finally motivated my lazy self to format my stories to the smashwords specs.  They are now all "pending approval."  My question is this: can I choose where smashwords distributes my stories?  I already have my stuff up on Amazon and B&N.  Will this cause conflict?  How does that work?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hi Alain,

In the Smashwords dashboard there are menus on the left. Pick Distribution Channel Manager. Scroll down (lots in my case!). You can opt out of places you don't want the book to go. Make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom to click on 'submit changes'.

Best of luck
Tim

·
Registered
516 Posts
You can choose SW to give you an ISBN or buy one from them or buy one from Bowker.

Also, I never opted out and ended up with duplicate copies at B&N. Screwed some things up for me. I am now opted out of Amazon, B&N, and Apple.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This has all been very helpful.  Thank you for the replies.

I have opted out of those I wish to opt out of and I have assigned ISBN numbers.  One more thing:  how long does it take to go from "pending approval" to admitted?  They said 10 days?  Is that accurate?  Or am I in for several months of wait time here?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.