Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this completely non-helpful email from Amazon:

Hello,

We want to take this opportunity to let you know about the KDP pricing policy.

Books published to KDP must adhere to the KDP pricing requirements, which state that the digital list price provided for your KDP book must be no higher than the list price on Amazon.com or any other sales channel for either the physical or digital edition of the book.

Be sure to take a few minutes to ensure that your books do not violate our pricing requirements. For more information, see section 4 on our Pricing Page below:
https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/help?topicId=200634500

Thanks for publishing with KDP.
I doubt they're just sending it to me a general reminder. Or is that all it is?

Am I supposed to check ALL of my titles on ALL other vendors? I did that, by the way, and Amazon isn't more expensive than anywhere else. Unless:

1. They're referring to a perma-free, which THEY price-matched. -or-
2. Some site is selling one of my books without my permission.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Usually they include a link to the website. I had a similar email a few weeks ago- I goofed up and changed the "retail" price on KOBO instead of putting it on sale via the "PROMO" link, so I had to go back and adjust it.

If they didn't include the link, reply back to them and ask where your book is priced lower, because you checked them all.

If you are on Google Play- I would double check the price there. I no longer distribute via google play because they change the prices whenever they want.

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
I occasionally get these. I just reply asking whether they're talking about a particular book. Let them do the work. :)

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a plan. I emailed them.

I checked GP, and all of my books were priced right.

I

·
0 Posts
This: If they didn't include the link, reply back to them and ask where your book is priced lower, because you checked them all.

IMportant to do this. Get information from them on exactly what book it is. Also, there are sites like Txtr and Flipkart which sometimes grab books from Smashwords and D2D without authors realizing. Check prices there too.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I've only ever got this reminder when a book was discounted to lower than 2.99, thereby earning 70% royalties outside the usual 70% range. I had a book discounted from 3.99 to 2.99 for a long time and never got a notice, but when I have one discounted from 2.99 to 0.99, I get them right away if I don't get the timing right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts