Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,821 Posts
Love this series! Well, OK, the first 3 books, anyway. Everytime I try to do a re-read, I stop short in A Game of Thrones,
right before Ned dies. I think that was the hardest death to read b/c I really didn't think GRRM would do it!
If and when the 5th book is ready, I'll do some combination of re-reading and reading summaries. It's been so long I can't remember much of what happened in A Feast for Crows.

N :)

· Registered
1,821 Posts
hazeldazel said:
i'm reading the series too, currently in Feast for Crows. it's a great read, but sometimes hard to read - no character is safe.

Save the date: "A Dance of Dragons" (book 5) comes out September 29, 2009! Gee, I wonder what's gonna happen there... ::)

has anyone read his Hedge Knight series? It's a prequel series but in graphic novel form so no go for kindle.
I hope the date is real! I was disappointed so many times by false dates for Book 4! It will be very nice to read these door-stoppers on the Kindle!

I have the first Hedge Knight graphic novel. It was quite good and sent me digging into the Appendix in the novels to figure out how the characters were related to the history of Westeros. I'm thinking about buying the second one...haven't gotten around to it yet.

· Registered
1,821 Posts
m4ttb4rr said:
It is never. Going. To. Be. Finished.
Welcome to KindleBoards! Glad to have another Song of Ice and Fire reader!

Of the issues you mentioned, the one quoted is by far my #1 gripe. I don't know that it won't be finished, but it seems to be taking forever, doesn't it?

When I started reading it, I thought it was a triology, and #3 (A Storm of Swords) was about to be released, so I figured I would be done within a couple of months. Almost 7 years later, here I am, waiting for Book 5. (I guess that is the risk you take when you start an unfinished series.) When I was waiting for A Feast of Crows to come out, I was quite impatient, reading stuff online about it all the time. I'm still looking forward to Book 5, but somehow it's not quite the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.