Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am new to the KindleBoards (joined yesterday) and am expecting my Kindle to arrive tomorrow or Wednesday (I am so excited!)!

A little about me....

My name is Kirstyn. I married my second husband, Fred, on 7-7-2007 and we had beautiful little boy together (born) on 8-8-2008. His name is Ian. I have two children from a previous marriage. They are Stacy who is 17 years old and has Down Syndrome and Ryan who is high-functioning Autistic and is 14 years old.

My husband is a SAHD and I work full time as a Consumer Services Coordinator for Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino, California. I am sort of like a social worker and work children with Developmental Disabilities and their families. I was a Special Education teacher for 3.5 years before changing jobs.

I have been a reader for as long as I can remember. My taste is books is diverse. I read Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Patricia Cornwell, John Grisham, and many other.

I am planning to join the Book Klub: Outlander as soon as possible. I have already read the Outlander Series, but it was years ago and I figure it'll be great to read them again and see what if anything I missed the first (and second time). It will also be interesting to hear other people's opinions, etc. about the series.

I think that is it for now!!

Kirstyn

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Kirstyn, thanks for the nice introduction. Be sure and visit Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshooting as you wait on your Kindle. There is a wealth of information there. Glad you will be joining us for the bookklub! :)

Linda

·
Registered
192 Posts
Welcome to the board. Lots of fun stuff and people ...Enjoy exploring.

There is an official "waiting for my Kindle" tread in Let's talk Kindle. We all enjoy hearing about the arrival of a new Kindle.

I'm impressed, 3 kids and you have time to read. A word of caution, Kindleboards does have a way of taking time away from Kindling :D.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have to check out the Waiting for My Kindle thread!

And yes, 3 kids (one 4.5 months old) and I still have time to read! But only cause my hubbie is the stay-at-home dad and is excellent with the baby!

Thanks for the welcome ...everyone!

Kirstyn

Rivery said:
Welcome to the board. Lots of fun stuff and people ...Enjoy exploring.

There is an official "waiting for my Kindle" tread in Let's talk Kindle. We all enjoy hearing about the arrival of a new Kindle.

I'm impressed, 3 kids and you have time to read. A word of caution, Kindleboards does have a way of taking time away from Kindling :D.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome Kirstyn, glad to have you here! This is a fun and friendly place. Make yourself at home!

L

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome, I'm a newbie also still waiting for my Kindle.  You'll be glad you came here everyone seems great with lots of info.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Kirstyn -

Hello & welcome aboard!

It's great that you decided to join the Outlander book club.  That is going to be fun  :D

I'm impressed too that you have time to read with your family dealing with medical difficulties & a fairly high-stress job.

Kindling is a great way to relax!

Cheers,

Marci

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome Kirstyn - you will really love your kindle and it will give you lots of good time.  This board will also be a great diversion.  Congrats on your marriage, you got married on my birthday! so it will be a good one, a very special date.

Be sure and go to the Tips but you will find all kinds of information in all the other threads.

Good to have you here.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Welcome, Kirstyn!

Congratulations on your soon-to-arrive Kindle, we're glad to hear you are going to be in the Outlander book klub!  We have several other book klubs starting soon, looking forward to seeing you on Kindleboards!

I also have a 2d husband named Fred! 

Betsy

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I also have a 2d husband named Fred!

Betsy
Wait. . . . . .

What?> > > > >??????

I thought we were only allowed one ;D

Ann

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Kirstyn and welcome! So glad to have you here. My sil is also a SAHD. Guys like that are rare and such a blessing.

Hope to see you around the boards and of course in the Outlander book club!! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kirstyn,

I'm new to the boards and read that you have a child with Down Syndrome.  I too have been blessed with a child with Down Syndrome.  He is three years old and a joy of our life.  I also have a 9 year old and he is gifted you might say.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Welcome and enjoy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts