Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am quite happy I stayed with my K1 because of the difference in contrasts between the print and the background in K1/K2. As prices drop for used K1s, I think I will pick up a spare to have. After all, the visual readability is more important to me than all the other features put together. For many people it doesn't matter or they don't notice a difference, but for folks with certain visual problems, it can make a big difference. Hopefully prices will work their way down to $150 or so and I will pick up a spare. K3 probably will have the same contrast situation because it is the 16 greyscale that causes it. The fewer greyscale gradations, the closer you get to just black or white, and not everything in between. Few greyscale levels general would mean more contrast.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I switched from a KK to a K2 and honestly I haven't noticed a difference.  I didn't do a side by side comparison of the two while I had both, so I'm not sure how much of a difference there was.  But so far I've been able to read just as long as I did on my KK and not have any issues.  As you said, though, it may be different for people who have certain visual problems.  The only question I had was who can read it when it is on the smallest font size?? I have pretty good vision and even that one is impossible for me to read for more than a few seconds!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I had the Klassic and K2 and did compare, I couldn't tell a difference in reading. I wear Wal-Mart readers.  :) I have found that my eyes don't tire as quickly on a Kindle as with DTB's.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
stinsmom said:
I switched from a KK to a K2 and honestly I haven't noticed a difference. I didn't do a side by side comparison of the two while I had both, so I'm not sure how much of a difference there was. But so far I've been able to read just as long as I did on my KK and not have any issues. As you said, though, it may be different for people who have certain visual problems. The only question I had was who can read it when it is on the smallest font size?? I have pretty good vision and even that one is impossible for me to read for more than a few seconds!
My daughter reads on 1..It drives me nuts when we're sharing a Kindle because I always have to go in and change the font size back to something I can see. As for the contrast, I honestly don't see more than a very, very minor difference between the two.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have to agree that I don't know what all the hollerin' is about.  I had K1 and K2 together before selling K1.  I saw no difference in contrast to speak of.  Both are fine for reading and I would not have upgraded except that K2 brought me into the world of whispernet up here in da boonies.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I'm with you Steven - I don't have a K2 but think when the price goes a tad lower I might just get a spare K1 in case I don't like the K3  :D

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Anju said:
I'm with you Steven - I don't have a K2 but think when the price goes a tad lower I might just get a spare K1 in case I don't like the K3 :D
They might become Collectors and price may go up? lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts