Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am new to Kindle boards and wanted to introduce myself. I've published many, many short stories in magazines and then got into writing novels. Night Camp is my first Kindle book. It's written for older middle grade readers, though my other stories and books are for adults readers. I'm really pleased to get the book out there, though I haven't got a Kindle yet and have to do my ebook reading on my iPod Touch. Night Camp is a labor of love for the children in my family who wanted me to write a book just for them.

From the back cover:

A spooky graveyard. A creepy basement. A pair of coffins.
Thirteen-year-old Shane Andrews hates summer camp. When his parents allow him to choose, Shane decides to pick the worst camp he can find. Night Camp must be terrible. For one thing, activities take place at night and campers sleep during the day. That can’t be good, Shane reasons. His parents will realize Night Camp is even worse than they thought and they’ll come back to get him. Then Shane’s plans for summer freedom fall apart. His cousin Brad, a boy with a huge collection of tabloid magazines, convinces Shane that two of the camp counselors are vampires. Shane enlists the help of Brad and a girl camper named Nicole. The three set out to save themselves and the other campers. Then Shane uncovers the secret of Night Camp…

LCEvans,
Author: Night Camp, Jobless Recovery, Talented Horsewoman

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome. Are you going to publish your other books on the Kindle? They both look very interesting. Good to have another author on KB. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Linda I really enjoyed Jobless Recovery (as you know from my review).  When it becomes available on Kindle, I certainly would recommend it to all Kindle users - it was a great read and prophetic!  Looking forward to reading Night Camp as well.

Yale R Jaffe
author, Advantage Disadvantage

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
L.C., thanks for posting about your new book. I just finished the sample and really enjoyed it. I went ahead and 1-clicked. I recommend others do the same.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I will need to get back electronic rights from the publisher before I can put my other two books on Kindle. But that is definitely something I plan to do.
Linda

Z

·
0 Posts
This sounds like such a very neat idea for a book!!!

I especially like that it's geared for children. They'll just love it!!!

Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
WPotocki said:
This sounds like such a very neat idea for a book!!!

I especially like that it's geared for children. They'll just love it!!!

Good luck!!!!
Adults can enjoy it too. I'm certainly having a good time with it.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am happy to announce that Night Camp will soon be out in paperback through Create Space. I just approved my proof copy yesterday and the book should be listed by Saturday. Many thanks to all who are giving it a try.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I finished Night Camp last night and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I recommend everyone give it a try. It's well-written, has great characters, and is a lot of fun to read through.

Thanks for providing us with such a wonderful book, LC. 

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for reading my book, CS. I've toyed with the idea of writing a sequel, but right now I'm busy revising another book I wrote last year. This one would probably be classed as women's fiction, or maybe southern fiction, though usually I write mysteries. Anyway the new book is about a woman living in Charleston, SC, who decides she's ready to start dating again after her divorce.

Z

·
0 Posts
Hi again -

I mean to ask you the name of the person that did your cover. It's really great?

Did you do it yourself? Or did you outsource?!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
LCEvans said:
Thank you for reading my book, CS. I've toyed with the idea of writing a sequel...
I would love to see a sequel. I'm not sure how you could do it, but I guess that's for you to figure out. ;D In any case, I hope you do eventually write a follow-up to Night Camp.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I look forward to reading this book

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wendy,
My cover was done by Gregory Bernard Banks of Wheelman Press, the publishing imprint of BDDesign LLC. I absolutely love what Greg did with my book concept. By the way, Greg is also a very good writer. Look for his books on Kindle. So far I've only read Phoenix Tales, Stories of Life and Death, but I intend to read more. I'm not usually a fan of science fiction, but the quality of the writing is so good, you can't help but be drawn in and feel the emotion of the stories.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Interesting. I figured that CS had found out about the book from these boards but I would never have guessed that it was via a thread created by the author himself.

Anyway. I really liked the sample and I bought the book, I haven't read it yet but I'm expecting really good things from it.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, Selcien. I do hope you enjoy the book. I also write mysteries for adults. Sadly I do not have electronic rights for my mystery Talented Horsewoman, but I am currently checking with my publisher to see if they will put the book on Kindle.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Just wanted to know if you ever got an update about Talented Horsewoman on Kindle? I love a good mystery.

Also, maybe I'm mistaken, but it seems only a handful of people here have tried Night Camp (forgive me if my impression is inaccurate or out of line in any way). I hope the "children's" label isn't scaring people away. It's an original idea and a really fun read - definitely one of the most enjoyable books I've experienced in recent memory. I'm hoping others will give it a shot too.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
The children's label is exactly what has attracted me to Night Camp. I don't want to be the lone KB'er who doesn't read vampire stories, and this one looks like a fun vampire read. Yes, I one-clicked.

;D

1 - 20 of 95 Posts