·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
CegAbq said:
You know, I am a Kris Kristofferson die-hard fan (but NOT a Streisand fan).
Haven't seen the Judy Garland version.

Not sure whether I'll check out the Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper version or not
I've seen ALL of the Star is Born versions, I think...at least the major productions:
1937 (Janet Gaynor, Fredric March) (they were actors in this, not singers)
1954 (Judy Garland, James Mason)
1976 (Streisand, Kristofferson) (Big fans of both, by the way)
And 1996's Up Close & Personal (Robert Redford, Michelle Pfeiffer) which is *exactly* A Star is Born, only set in network television journalism instead of acting or music. I got about half way through the movie in the theatre when I realized that I knew how it was going to end. :(

Anyway, can't wait to see the new version. Bradley Cooper, meh. But I am a fan of Lady Gaga, I think she's amazingly talented and I'm curious to see how she does. And I need it to complete my set. :D. EDIT: I am kind of curious, as BC seems kind of young to play a has been.

Betsy

·
Super Moderator
67,248 Posts
Lady Gaga has an amazing voice; I have never thought of Bradley Cooper as either a songwriter or singer. I agree that, at 43, he strikes me as young to be a 'has been'. :eek:

I'm ambivalent, though, really. Probably won't bother to pay cinema prices, but will possibly rent it when it goes to streaming.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
Lady Gaga has an amazing voice; I have never thought of Bradley Cooper as either a songwriter or singer. I agree that, at 43, he strikes me as young to be a 'has been'. :eek:

I'm ambivalent, though, really. Probably won't bother to pay cinema prices, but will possibly rent it when it goes to streaming.
Unexpectedly, hubby is a Lady Gaga fan, and is interested in going to see it in the theatre.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
DH watches the Grahame Norton show and BC and Lady GaGa were on there.  He has a surprisingly decent voice :)

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Andra said:
DH watches the Grahame Norton show and BC and Lady GaGa were on there. He has a surprisingly decent voice :)
I always get Ryan Gosling and Bradley Cooper mixed up...when I read this, I thought, but he was in LA LA Land....LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts