Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
That would be a fun collection, though it should be said that none of those stories are original to that particular collection.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hackeynut said:
That would be a fun collection, though it should be said that none of those stories are original to that particular collection.
Wow, I didn't even realize it was a short story collection. I thought the whole book would consist of King's recollections, anecdotes, etc. about the making of the movies. There's a little of that, but you're right, it's mainly the stories. So, while this isn't the book I expected (I just bought it on impulse without really flipping), having some of his better stories in one volume isn't a bad thing. A shame that The Body (Stand By Me) is missing though.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just wish they would make a good movie based on, in my opinion, was one of his best shorts.....The Long Walk

·
Registered
657 Posts
J. Steinbeck said:
I just wish they would make a good movie based on, in my opinion, was one of his best shorts.....The Long Walk
Not right now because if they made one now they would cast that awful Shia LeBeof in the main role. Also I think right now Hollywood would change the ending after all the ending IS a downer.

BTW its my favorite kinf novella also.

G

·
Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, The Mist) currently owns the film option for The Long Walk. (I'm not certain, but I think Romero owned it previously.) He says "I'll get to it someday."

·
Registered
788 Posts
Romero...as in George A. Romero?

That I would have liked to see.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I went ahead and clicked it for you. I like King's movies although my friends don't. I also enjoy the books.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts