Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I had to laugh! I was googling to find out info on the Kindle and came across this article from 2006 that talks about the 'upcoming' release of the Kindle. The article was okay, but the comments are hilarious! Particularly the ones that state the Kindle will 'never make it' and that it was a waste of technology by Amazon.

I'm still snickering at how wrong they were....
http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/11/amazon-kindle-meet-amazons-e-book-reader/

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Veronica said:
Aren't people still saying that?

Haters.
I think the numerous 'Out of Stock' notices, Oprah and Ellen endorsements and just plain ole popularity have stopped folks from dismissing the Kindle out of hand.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Looking at the ratings at Amazon for the Kindle by people who have never owned one, I believe many people still think like that.

·
Registered
460 Posts
A lot of people still make comments like this, despite the fact that ebook readers in general are growing in adoption rate.

·
Registered
860 Posts
marianner said:
In all fairness, for some reason, all the early pictures of the Kindle look like they actually were taken in the 80s.
LOL! I've always thought the Kindle looked like an 80's product. The color, the boxiness, no color screen - it is so 80's. Yet I love it!!! ;D

I would love it even more if it looked cooler. Sony has a much better looking product but the Kindle still wins on functionality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts