Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only had my paper white a few days but am very happy to have discovered a big change in reading on vs my K touch. Keeping the font size and style similar (actually looking at both kindles side by side to confirm this) I do not need to wear my low setting readers glasses to read comfortably with the paper white! I am thrilled!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I definitely love the paperwhite for the effect it has on the eyes. I can read for hours without feeling strained by the screen. I also have an app on my phone for anything with colors, but I pretty much just download fiction.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
That's great news!

I heard a study a few years ago that found the Kindle was actually much more popular among older consumers than it was among younger consumers. And one theory was that people loved the way it could make any book into a large-print book. I know that's one of my favorite features. I usually have to wear eyeglasses for my reading -- so it's great to be able to make the font size so large that I can actually read it with my bare eyes! :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Me and My Kindle said:
That's great news!

I heard a study a few years ago that found the Kindle was actually much more popular among older consumers than it was among younger consumers. And one theory was that people loved the way it could make any book into a large-print book. I know that's one of my favorite features. I usually have to wear eyeglasses for my reading -- so it's great to be able to make the font size so large that I can actually read it with my bare eyes! :)
I'm 23 & that's a huge selling point for me. A friend lent me a book & I had to hunt down my glasses, take them off every time I looked up, etc. No thanks-- I'd rather just crank the font!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts