Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thought i saw a post where someone 're-upholstered' there amazon K2 cover... i think they had writtend up a quick how to post and now im looking for it because i want to do the same...

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I would look in the accessories thread, of course.  I can't think of a key word to tell you to try. 
Good luck.  Post pics of what your K2 cover re-done please.
deb

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I'm thinking you're looking for this:

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,9237.0.html

This, and another referenced within it, actually take apart & completely recover the Amazon cover for a professional looking finish. I've just finished recovering mine and will be posting once the accessory button for closure comes in (impatiently checks package tracking AGAIN....)

It's not a difficult process, but to get the corners right does take a certain amount of patience. I'll do a full writeup once I get the last piece done, should be sometime this week.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It wasnt either of those, but these will definatley help... pretty straight forward really but i wanted to find out what sort of glue was used from the how to that im thinking of... turned out to be a very niceley done end product.  appreciate the responses folks!

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Unless you're using a very odd material, most basic craft glues will work fine on fabrics & leather.  Because they do take time to dry, you'll want to use something to keep the surfaces in contact until the process is complete--clamps, rubber bands, great big DTBs (I knew there was still a use for paper books!), or the clamping paper clips shown in DD's post.

I've had a harder time trying to get superglues to work on things like this, but for some things, they may be appropriate.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Yes, that's the one linked within the post I listed--both have good tips on how to do this, and are what I used to do mine.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Tranquil Ape said:
Thanks Victoria... now to just decide on a material...
Good luck on that! I swear that's the hardest part. I searched for several weeks & still didn't find what I wanted, though I did find something unique enough to make the attempt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts