Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do all of the man-chests populating the Top 100 in Humorous Sci Fi signify that there isn't much of an audience for Humorous Sci Fi? Genuinely asking.

·
Registered
20,397 Posts
* raises hand *
i love humorous sci fi.
and personally, i don't think amazon's top 100 means anything to me when looking for a book.

·
Registered
Writing the next books in my Martin Billings series.
459 Posts
Do all of the man-chests populating the Top 100 in Humorous Sci Fi signify that there isn't much of an audience for Humorous Sci Fi? Genuinely asking.
Anecdotal evidence only... I tried it with a pen name, but got crickets. I didn't promote it, to be fair, but I did three stories and a bundle, but there was zero interest either on Amazon or wide. Poking around, I didn't really see anyone else doing well, so the books just sit there as a failed experiment.

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
I don't know about readers looking for humor throughout in any genre, but there no harm in including some in any genre, even in horror to evoke a response.

I was made up when I got the editorial letter back from my devevelopment editor and she said she laughed out loud at one particular chapter in my Post-Apocalyptic new release, so the chapter had the desired effect to lighten the read up after some horrific events to give the reader some respite and light relief.

Reactions: BuckarooBanzai

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
There is at least one author doing genre humor on the boards here in a series that stretches for a dozen books.
I'm sure with a little search-term-fu you can find him.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
I don't write Sci-fi Humor, specifically, but I include a lot of humor in all my books. People really like for it to be included.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts