Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I missed the cut for ABNA…no surprise, no big deal…you get used to rejection when you write. However, I was hoping to offset that negative with sale #500 on the same day. Tragically, I still sit at 499…today or tomorrow I guess. So, for others that didn’t make the cut, what writing positives balanced out your day/week?

·
Registered
877 Posts
I've been cranky about not making the cut for ABNA too.

So far, no offset. But I'm less cranky today than yesterday.

I'm reminding myself that they didn't judge my novel, only my pitch. So my pitch needs work, but I still believe in my novel and this doesn't take anything away from that.

Oh, and I'm curling up with The Homecoming Masquerade and finding it quite enjoyable, which is a nice distraction.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Congratulations on putting yourself out there, my man. Rejection stings, but nothing ventured is nothing gained. My "one foot in front of the other" quote that I use when I get down is from the Bard himself:

Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.

And here's your good, just shared Book 1 on KotC on Facebook. Hope you get that #500 sale. ;)

Me? I just posted chapter 1 of a new original fiction I'm working on (wip #2 out of 6) on Fictionpress.com. I need to do some work, then I'm posting my latest chapter for His Parson's Wife over on beyondAusten.com

One foot, in front of the other.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Same here Dave. Afterwards I thought of ways I could have tightened up my pitch, but too late now. Back to writing and worrying over my sales reports.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
I don't recognize any of the names in the the sci-fi catagory. You'd figure at least one person from here and all the other forums I visit would've made it in there. Oh well. Maybe I'll enter next year if I'm not already partying on my own private island and setting James Cameron straight on how I want the film of my book made...so, yeah, I'll be entering it next year.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Elizabeth...thanks for the Facebook mention. You get credit when 500 happens!

vrabinec...I'm glad you will have James Cameron do your movie. Keeps Peter Jackson available for mine!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Dave Adams said:
Elizabeth...thanks for the Facebook mention. You get credit when 500 happens!

vrabinec...I'm glad you will have James Cameron do your movie. Keeps Peter Jackson available for mine!
Can we share him, Dave? I'd want him to make mine too :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts