Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please excuse me if this sounds like a really stupid question.

Are skins reusable? If I get 2 (or more) that I really like, can I change them to match my moods? And, once I take them off, can I reuse them? I love the look of the K2 with skins on, and would love to go back and forth between several, so, just wondering...

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Some folks have reused their skins very easily.  If they stretch a bit the advice has been to take a blow dryer to them to resize them.  That's the DecalGirl skins I'm referring to.
deb

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
There are patient people here who are able to remove their skins carefully and put them back on the sheet they came on, resizing if necessary with a blow dryer. Their skins live to be used another day.

I'm not one of those patient people, however, and the skins I have taken off have ripped and stretched and gone right into the trash.

L

·
Registered
257 Posts
Skins aren't really designed to be reused. So, if you're wanting to interchange them frequently, then probably not. Best just to choose the one you like most and stick with it for a while.

'Course, there are people who HAVE reused them, but I'm with Leslie; not enough patience for that.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. That's pretty much what I was thinking. I'm pretty sure I don't have the skill, and I know I don't have the patience to do this. I'll just get my first choice, and a few months down the road, when I get bored, I'll get the other one.

See? You just saved me $16!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Leslie said:
There are patient people here who are able to remove their skins carefully and put them back on the sheet they came on, resizing if necessary with a blow dryer. Their skins live to be used another day.

I'm not one of those patient people, however, and the skins I have taken off have ripped and stretched and gone right into the trash.

L
I'm not a patient person either, I'd probably make a huge mess if I were to take off a skin :)

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I switched skins a couple of weeks ago (from Olga to Flower Cloud) and I was able to get Olga off w/minimal stretching, but it did take me a while.  I kept the original backing and put it back on to the best of my ability.  Not sure that I'll ever switch out of FC, but if I do, I'll try using Olga again and see what happens.  Luckily skins are relatively in-expensive so if it doesn't work, no big loss. 

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I'm really patient and love tedious things, but re-applying a skin doesn't really sound like it would rank among my all-time favorite things to do. I'd think that the area around the alphabet keys would be extremely difficult to redo.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
MrTsMom said:
See? You just saved me $16!
Venture into the coffee thread, or tea thread, or rice maker, or ice cream maker, or Kitchen Aide thread and watch how fast that $16 goes. Heck, check out any of the book threads and you'll be able to spend $16 in books in just a few pages.

deb

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
There's a KitchenAid thread? Haven't discovered that one yet. Of course, I already own just about everything that KitchenAid has made, but it's sure worth a look. Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts