Kindle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a kindle and am supposed to get it in 3 days. My wife just told me that she read there is going to be a newer version soon. I'm sure you must have discussed this but I couldn't find it using Search. Any info?  -  Steve

·
Premium Member
19,503 Posts
From what I read, I think Amazon is putting more energy towards an international release. Once that is done, they'll turn back to version 2 so I am not expecting it for awhile.

Like Kirstin said, I'm not even sure I'd upgrade unless it had some tremendous new features which right now, I can't imagine what they would be.

L

·
Registered
509 Posts
Steve, if you've been reading about user experiance with the current Kindle, you know that we're very pleased with the present version. Your decision is simply "Now or later?". No matter what Amazon says publicly, a new version could be introduced tomorrow, or a year from tomorrow. Regardless, the current version is a very good device.

G

·
That article could very well be a red herring or an European version of Kindle.  We don't really know what's going on in the minds of Amazon and the Kindle-teers.

G

·
I can't think of anything they could do in a newer version that would convince me to buy one. They might design it differently and make the buttons smaller, but when you get used to the ones on this model they are very convenient as compared to other readers I've had in the past. I couldn't be more satisfied with this one and now I'm glad I didn't hold off any longer.

·
Premium Member
19,503 Posts
Those pictures first showed up on the Boy Genius report a few weeks ago. Frankly, I think they are fakes. A few people surmised they might be prototype pictures from the development of the Kindle we currently have. I might believe that but I certainly don't believe they are pictures of an upcoming version 2.

L

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
They are fakes, many other sites have verified that. Once real pictures are available they will pop up on sites like Engadget and Gizmodo. You cannot trust information that comes from a single source, especially a blog that no one has ever heard of.

G

·
The pics are fakes. BoyGenius is not a reputable site for info at all. The only thing I can think of that may make the next Kindle an improvement over the current one is the screen. The newest E-ink screens have something like 16 shades of gray and can show animation-not that the animation part is cool-in the demo I saw it was used to present an ad in the New York Times!

Like others have said, I think the current Kindle is perfect!  :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.