Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to hyperventilate! Starting to hyperventilate!!

I'm just about to leave work (I work nights).
I've created my cover. I just formatted my short story and now I'm about to head out the door. When I get home I'm going to publish on KDP for the first time. It's a short story. Omg, I think I might barf...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I hadn't planned on publishing until August when my novel launches. But then that stupid 7 day erotica challenge thread pulled my in. Next thing I know I've got 6 short stories written in a week, for two different series, I'm making my own covers and am about to go rogue!

·
Registered
28 Posts
It gets easier and easier to hit that publish button, until you cant wait to hit it again and again.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Congrats! That first step is always the hardest. We love how Kindle Direct Publishing makes it possible for so many new authors to be heard.

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Way  to go.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok I felt awesome. Right up until it told me to save and publish, which I did. But it didn't let me view the conversion first so that I could make sure everything looked ok! So now I'm PRAYING that it's formatted correctly. This really sucks! Did I miss that somewhere? Everyone said that it let you view it first.

Edit: went back and uploaded it again just as a draft and DIDNT listen to their recommendation to skip ahead while it loaded. Got the preview screen, and my book is goooooorgeous. I am a formatting GODDESS.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Stephanie Marks said:
Ok I felt awesome. Right up until it told me to save and publish, which I did. But it didn't let me view the conversion first so that I could make sure everything looked ok! So now I'm PRAYING that it's formatted correctly. This really sucks! Did I miss that somewhere? Everyone said that it let you view it first.

Edit: went back and uploaded it again just as a draft and DIDNT listen to their recommendation to skip ahead while it loaded. Got the preview screen, and my book is goooooorgeous. I am a formatting GODDESS.
It's a great feeling, isn't it? Congratulations!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
R. M. Webb said:
It's a great feeling, isn't it? Congratulations!
Thanks. It's so awesome. I'm planning on launching one a week for 5 weeks in this series. Then one a week for three weeks of the second series (as they are COMPLETELY different) and try to see which one I should focus on and expand my brand into, or if they both tank, try something new.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Stephanie Marks said:

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. The cover looks good from what I saw on the Erotica thread. Just remember to breath now. Just breath. If something happens, you can go back and fix it. It just costs a little time. Good thing you remembered to upload on a weekday. Good luck! Post sales numbers. ;D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts