Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have tips/procedures on how to quickly access chapter and/or endnotes in books that have them?  The way I do it is cumbersome, so looking for a better way. 

This is my procedure: 
1. On a new book, browse to the beginning of notes at the end of the book. (sometimes the table of contents makes this easy, but notes not always listed in TOC)
2. Browse through the notes, bookmarking the beginning of each chapter
3. Return to the beginning of the book and start reading.
4. When wanting to view a note referrred to in the text, I bookmark my current reading position (or note its "location" number), use Menu to go to the bookmark for this chapter, read the note, and then return to my reading location.
Thanks

· Registered
1,228 Posts
Properly formatted books should have hyperlinks to endnotes/footnotes.  Then you just click on the hyperlink, read the note, then press the "Back" button to return to where you were.

If the books aren't formatted that way, it was just a sloppy conversion to digital.

· Registered
1,464 Posts
Susan is absolutely correct (as usual). A well formatted ebook should make this easy.

I am curious as to how the ebook version of Infinite Jest handles the end notes (for $9.99 an excellent buy). They are numerous and critical to the book.

· Registered
1,683 Posts
SusanCassidy said:
Properly formatted books should have hyperlinks to endnotes/footnotes. Then you just click on the hyperlink, read the note, then press the "Back" button to return to where you were.

If the books aren't formatted that way, it was just a sloppy conversion to digital.
Um...how do you click on the hyperlinks? (Yeah, I know, read the manual)

· Registered
108 Posts
9MMare said:
Um...how do you click on the hyperlinks? (Yeah, I know, read the manual)
Use your little control square. The first time you click it (I tend to hit either up or down depending on whether the place I want to go is closer to the top of bottom respectively), a cursor will appear on your screen. MOve that until it is on top of the link and then hit the center of the control square. This should take you to the link's destination. Once you're done there, clicking the Back button will take you back to where you were.

· Registered
1,683 Posts
FSkornia said:
Use your little control square. The first time you click it (I tend to hit either up or down depending on whether the place I want to go is closer to the top of bottom respectively), a cursor will appear on your screen. MOve that until it is on top of the link and then hit the center of the control square. This should take you to the link's destination. Once you're done there, clicking the Back button will take you back to where you were.
Thank you very much!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.