Kindle Forum banner

2981 - 3000 of 10927 Posts

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
AddieLove said:
Napcat, I don't know about roasting, but perhaps I can master the other two. :D Okay, so I tried an experiment just now and it failed miserably. I heated about a cup of water on the stove and then put about 1 1/2 Tbsp of coffee in it. I let it sit for a minute and then swirled it around. I then let it sit for another seven. I filtered out the grounds, took a sip, and the coffee tasted like slightly flavoured water. This was my attempt to reproduce the press pot before buying the press pot. What did I do wrong?
Probably not enough coffee grounds......try a heaping teaspoon per 5 oz of water. Your French Press may come with a scoop and a recommended formula. Your press will also maintain a higher temperature (just below boiling) longer.

Keep trying

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Jen, I think you did the right thing. If you didn't receive what you ordered, and you are disappointed with what you received, you probably will never be happy with it. It's not an inexpensive bag.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Addie, I just saw this on the Sephora site and thought of you! It would be a good chance to try both, plus the high beam, for cheaper (sorry, I'm on the iPad and I haven't figured out how to do the clickable pictures on here yet!)

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P281701&categoryId=B70

I have never tried the positint, but I think I'm going to grab this kit to try it plus get a travel benetint and try the high beam. For $15 it's worth a shot!

EDIT - Woah, that first attempt did not work! Let's try this...

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Jen said:
I just emailed her. For that much money I want what I ordered. I feel bad, although I shouldn't!! She has been so nice I'm sure she'll take care of me. I will just have to be patient and wait for the new one! I will let you guys know what she says.
Don't feel bad! Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,985
Jen - so glad to hear you ordered an S&S bag, but sorry to hear it didn't arrive as ordered! I'm sure she'll make it right - she is so wonderful to deal with.

For anyone as hooked on Alima Pure foundation as I am, or for anyone who has been wanting to try it, now is the time to stock up or order! All foundation is 20% for 2 weeks, so plenty if time to order samples if you need to and still get the sale price on the full sizes.

Alima Pure Foundation Sale

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Napcat, thanks! I was thinking along the same lines as well, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't skipping some other important step. I'll give that a try tomorrow!

Jen, I love that set! Thanks for showing it to me! It's a really good price point especially for just wanting to give them a try first.

Julip, we've missed you on this thread!

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Neo said:
Oh, lucky you!!!!! Please get it and tell me all about it ;D!
Total lip gloss addict here. love bobbi br0wn the most. Try hot pink or rosy. She has tons of pinks with no sparklies. Also love her gel eye liner. I cannot type on this zagg. I think it has to go back.
Paula

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Jen, I'm so sorry you didn't get what you ordered and that your bag is not what you expected  :'(. But I'm really glad that you decided to contact Angie and let her know: I'm sure she will want and be happy to make it right by you! The downside is that you will have to wait yet a bit longer, but it will be worth it in the end to have exactly what you wanted - I'm sure it would have forever bothered you, else. And now you know what kind of yummy-ness you will be getting  ;D

Julip, so great to have you back here, yaaaaayyyyyyyyyy  ;D

And just in case we didn't already know that: I'm hopeless! I made it to Sephora. Walked out with the pink Dior lip Polish  ::). It's lovely  ;D. I think I'm good now  :D! The Lancome will be perfect for evenings, the Hello Kitty for when I'm really tanned, day-time, and the Dior (non-sticky and leaves the lips amazingly smooth and moisturized when it wears off) for every day when I'm not so tanned, lol. So I'm a happy trooper, and now I can't wait for you VictoriaP and AddieLove to check it out and hear what you think  ;D And AddieLove, you are right: the packaging of the Dior IS very cute  ;D

LOL Paula, the Bobby Brown will definitely be next on my list - non sparkly is good for me for work, but all the other brands seem to only do sparkly now. Very cute and nice, but just not so great for every day for me  :-\. And I hated the Zagg invisible shield - now I have a power support (the crystal clear one, not the matte) and love it! Feels like my screen is bare and most people don't even realize I have a screen protector on  :)

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Jen I'm sorry that your S&S bag didn't arrive as you had ordered it. But I agree w/everyone who said you did the right thing by contacting Angie b/c she will make it right. You will be so thrilled when you get your bag w/the red print on one side! I can't wait to see pics of it either.

All this talk of gloss makes me want to head out to Sephora but the closest one is 2 hrs away. I suppose that's a good thing :) I'm more of a balm wearer, but my favorite lipstick is MAC's lustre formula. I loved the Slimshines too till they D/C'ed them :(

·
Registered
170 Posts
Jen said:
I just emailed her. For that much money I want what I ordered. I feel bad, although I shouldn't!! She has been so nice I'm sure she'll take care of me. I will just have to be patient and wait for the new one! I will let you guys know what she says.
I think you made the right decision. Sorry that you have to wait a little long to get what you want. Patience isn't my strong suit so I would have a hard time waiting longer lol. But I agree that you should get what you ordered considering the cost. :)

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Somehow, Neo, I just knew you would find a way to get the Dior gloss today! :) ;)

I have a regular Zagg screen protector on my iPad, not the matte one, and it is undetectable. I have a Don Aslett micro fiber cloth that feels almost like suede that keeps it clean.

My "beef" with the Bobbi Brown glosses is the brush. Her brushes always splay, even when I am careful. The BB glosses that you apply directly from the tube work better for me. I never have an issue with the Dior glosses with brush applicators.

Ruby, they always discontinue my favorites. The latest casualty was the MAC mineralize eyshadow duo in a pretty copper. I can't find a duplicate. The other was the lip glass in Luxuriate. It was so pretty.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Neo, just at the word pink, you know VictoriaP is going to be all over it.  ;D

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Kindle Gracie said:
Neo, just at the word pink, you know VictoriaP is going to be all over it. ;D
Mine! ;D Unfortunately tomorrow's schedule may be changing on me, but if I still end up over that way, I'll definitely go try it on.

I know I saw mention of Lancome's Juicy Tubes on here--the one lip gloss I currently have is now four and a half years old (yes, I know, the horror!), and it's their Beach Plum. No idea if they still sell it; it was recommended by the makeup artist who did my wedding, and I've never found a color I liked better (too dark though for casual wear on me). But it wears off too fast for my liking.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
skyblue said:
Ruby, they always discontinue my favorites. The latest casualty was the MAC mineralize eyshadow duo in a pretty copper. I can't find a duplicate. The other was the lip glass in Luxuriate. It was so pretty.
Skyblue, it's so frustrating isn't it??!! There's a great blog called Temptalia. Christine is the owner/author and She writes the most comprehensive reviews I've ever seen and has great swatches/pics. She's got a huge dupe list so you might want to head over and check it. The site is
www.temptalia.com

JuliP, I forgot to say how much I've missed you here too! Welcome back:)

Oh, and I got my Fasta Pasta maker the other day, can't wait to try it!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
VictoriaP, they still sell Beach Plum Juicy Tubes.  I have that one and mine is a year or more old too.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I already got an e-mail back from Angie.  She's offered to switch it out or give me a $50 credit.  I'm still deciding, but I think I'm going to send it back and get exactly what I wanted.  She made it seem like she missed my note all together, but she even replied with "I'll make sure I put the leaves only on one side"!  Hmmm.  If you're ordering something custom from her just make sure you're very specific & confirm it when she e-mails you!  I'm dissapointed I have to wait, but it'll be better just the way I wanted it!  It was tempting to take $50 back, but not quite enough! 

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Ruby296 said:
Skyblue, it's so frustrating isn't it??!! There's a great blog called Temptalia. Christine is the owner/author and She writes the most comprehensive reviews I've ever seen and has great swatches/pics. She's got a huge dupe list so you might want to head over and check it. The site is
www.temptalia.com

JuliP, I forgot to say how much I've missed you here too! Welcome back:)

Oh, and I got my Fasta Pasta maker the other day, can't wait to try it!
Thanks, Ruby! I will check it out!!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Hi KindleGracie!  How are you?  I signed up for beats ages ago and forgot about it.  I need to reapply!  Thanks for the reminder.

2981 - 3000 of 10927 Posts