Kindle Forum banner
4,061 - 4,080 of 10,928 Posts
There's a fantastic consignment shop near our home that sells some of the nicest things so cheaply I do double-takes on the prices to make sure I'm not imagining things. I always find designer clothes at this place for about $8.00 per suit. My husband found a brand new, never used terra cotta tortilla warmer for $4.00! He also found a good-sized roasting pan for about the same price. I've bought fancy bed comforters there for $20.00. We shop at this place at least once per week, and we always find something useful. I love it there.

I CAN (kinda) drive a stick shift.  But it definitely didn't come naturally to me.  I had a good friend in college when I was about 22 who taught me to drive a stick.  We went to a huge parking lot and I spent a lot of time not moving at all while I had to change gears...
My younger brother, on the other hand, pretty much jumped in Daddy's truck and started driving.  And that probably tells you all that you need to know about the differences between the two of us :)
I'm just not comfortable with it because I don't drive one that often.  And to get comfortable, I'd have to drive it and well, Austin is NOT the friendliest place to drive in ...
I'm calling the dealership today about my stripes - I'm getting antsy - LOL.

I just got my shipping confirmation from Sephora. I'm a little excited. :)

Also BPAL just launched a special limited edition line of oils that are "RPG" themed, so I'm going to get samples of all the scents. :)

I still haven't placed my Sephora order!!  I keep going back and forth on things, so I need to just decide and get it placed.  Sephora is so good about shipping quickly! 

The verdict on the back is that the massage did nothing at all.  I'm in AGONY today!  I called my doctor and she called in some pain killers for me, so I can't wait to get off of work so I can go home, lay down and take one!  I don't even FEEL like shopping it hurts so bad - you know that's bad!  Maybe I'll take a vicodin and THEN shop on Sephora...ha ha!!! 

Oh no Jen, I'm so sorry to hear that - it is what I feared too, unfortunately :'(. I really hope you can leave work early at least, so you can get to your painkillers and some kind of relief fast!!!!

In case you want to go nuts at Sephora, just to get your mind off things (ya know!), I recommend the following Laura Mercier Palette (which I ordered late last night, because, well, I'm hopeless :D!!!!!):

The reviews for it are amazing, and well, because I keep on watching those Pixiwoo videos, I've seen it used and it just looks fantastic ;D. It will be the first palette I've ever bought (I'm usually reluctant because I never like everything on a Palette and know that I would only use a couple of the products, so it seems like such a waste)!

And I also got this, hoping it will fit in the Mally and work with it (I've already established that regular foundation sponges work perfectly well), and also to reach the desired amount for free shipping ;):

Hope your day is almost over!

Thanks Neo!!  I have about an hour left, I could leave early if I wanted to but I just never do!  They keep telling me to go home, but I'm stubborn and have work to do!! 

Oooooh, that's a pretty palette!!  Totally my colors too.  Hmmm.......thanks - I think!! 
I totally just added one of those sponges to my cart!  I hope it works too, that would be great!!  Thanks for the heads up on that!

Discussion starter · #4,070 ·
Hi everyone! I know I've been MIA, but I wanted to share some brush pictures for anyone thinking about the Louise Young or Coco Beau brushes that Neo mentioned recently! I've been using the LY ones for a couple of weeks now and the CB one for about a week, and I must say they are so worth the price and really are Holy Grail brushes! I also have to mention that the CB customer service is impeccable - I got a little impatient after not receiving the brush after almost 2 weeks (my LY ones only took a week, and they are both shipped from the UK), and they got back to me asap with tracking information. Wouldn't you know, the brush showed up the day after. :D

Another note is while the price on the website for the CB says 29.75 BPs, the site automatically registered me and gave me a temporary password, and knocked the price down to 24.79 BPs ... so every little bit helps! I don't know if it automatically registers everyone, but if you go to Paypal and it still shows the 29.75 price, try registering and see if it discounts the price.

So anyway, here they are. I love each for individual reasons, but if I could just have one, I would have to choose the Louise Young LY34. I think it is because I've been using mineral foundation for so many years and have become accustomed to the swirl-buff application technique, which you can do with the LY34 so quickly and efficiently, and it just seems easier on my wrist since that is how I've been doing it for so long. And really, it is like a massage for the face with that wonderful brush! The CB really is the same way too, feeling so soft and comforting, so I am really glad to have that one too and use it just about as much as the LY34. I use the CB brush more in a back and forth fashion like with a traditional foundation brush. The LY02 traditional foundation brush is awesome as well, and while I was thinking with the other 2 that I really didn't need the traditional one, every time I use it I marvel at how much nicer it is than my old one I've had forever (the light brown handled one). So, I have to say I highly recommend all 3 depending on your personal preferences lol.

I also have to mention that while I may have been the one to mention these brushes to Neo, it really comes back to her fault for me finding them in the first place :D because she told me about the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation, which led me to do a google search for the best foundation brushes after I got hooked on it, even after being perfectly happy with my mineral foundation!! So, whoever it was who first mentioned the VLA here is at fault too just as much as Neo. ;D

Photobucket doesn't seem to be working at the moment, so I'm using tinypic:

L-R: my old foundation brush (traditional size), Coco Beau, Louise Young LY02, LY34

Here the CB and LY34 are side by side for size comparison:

And here they are from the side, so you can see how thick they are! The LY34 is round when sitting, but when in use it flattens and spreads so nicely that it is like having a luxurious paddle brush that is just a little thicker. Even though it is quite large, it still offers a very controlled and focused application! In this pic, the CB is back in the 2nd from left position. The LY02 is just a little thicker than a traditional paddle brush, and has that nice soft taper that both the CB and LY34 has too.

Yaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Julip, welcome back ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad you finally are here, and taking responsibility for all the brush lust you have created ;)

As for the Vitalumiere Aqua, AddieLove is the one who mentioned it first, so it's all her fault anyway, ha! :D :D :D

Anyway, it's great to have you back here, we missed you!!!!

Welcome back Julip!!  We have missed you!!!

Thank you for the extensive brush review!  I'm also very interested in your brush organizer.  It looks like a great one.

Those brushes of julip's......way outta my league! ;) :D. Makes me feel like such an amateur! LOL ;D

Jen, I hope your back gets better! SOON!!

Kindle Gracie/Someone Nameless, I loved The Help! Did you watch any of the filming?

I'm here! I've been recovering from my birthday weekend of fun. Unfortunately, I didn't get to go skydiving this last weekend. It was canceled due to wind. :(
But we've decided to try again this Saturday. So fingers crossed for beautiful, calm weather!

Cobbie and Asphodel, how are you two liking the Steam Cream?

Neo, glad to hear you like the UD 24/7 eye liner! I love the colour selection and am very happy with how long they last on my top eyelid. I find how long they last on the waterline for me depends on the colour. I have Zero and Rockstar as well! Rockstar has quickly become a favorite of mine.

Jen, sorry to hear about your back and that the massage did nothing! I hope you're lying down and feeling better now!

Julip, glad to see you posting here! Thanks for the brush pictures and detailed review! Those brushes look beautiful!

Really, I just mentioned the Vitalumiere Aqua. So I can't be that responsible. Can I? :D

Discussion starter · #4,076 ·
Hi Neo, Someone Nameless/Kindle Gracie (when did you change your name? :D), Cobbie, and Skyblue!

Skyblue - lol I don't know why I love brushes so much when I really don't wear much makeup, but whenever I get a new foundation (which hasn't been for a long time - been using the same thing for 5+ years until Neo via Addielove had to hook me on the Chanel!!) I like to get a new brush for it. And since I wash the foundation brush more than any of my others, I figured it was a worthy investment. ;D And if anyone is on the fence on the Vitalumiere Aqua ... I have never liked liquid foundation, but I really really love this one - feels just like nothing but moisturizer on my face!

Someone Nameless and Cobbie - my brush organizer is actually the one from Louise Young! It's a very nice soft, faux leather. I am really glad I got it! It is here:

and there are also brush sets with it included. The one side has a snapped flap, so you can slip a few things in there like eyeliner brushes or other slim items. The only problem is the Coco Beau handle is just too chunky for the largest slot, but the LY34 of course fits in there perfectly.

Also SN - thanks for mentioning that The Help is coming out as a movie! I had no idea - I loved that book! How cool that it was filmed in your hometown.

Jen - I'm sorry to hear you've hurt your back! Best wishes for feeling much much better soon!

Thanks for the nice welcome back wishes :). The more my Spring Fever kicks in, the more time I spend away from the computer, but I will try to check back in much more regularly! Though I'm sure my wallet is grateful lol!

Just refreshed and see a post from Addielove! Hi Addielove! Yes, it certainly does sound like you are responsible for unleashing Vitalumiere Aqua on this thread. You know very well a small mention is all it takes here. LOL Happy late birthday, and I hope you have perfect weather for skydiving - I've always wanted to do that! I have had a fear of heights all my life, but that hasn't stopped me from bungee jumping and going on a zip line (which was about the most fun thing I've ever done!!). Have you gone before, and is it a tandem jump?

I would also like to thank AddieLove for getting me hooked on the Chanel Aqualumiere!  I LOVE it.  I've never in my life worn a liquid foundation.  Unfortunately, I'm having lust for that Coco Beau brush, but I haven't bit the bullet quite yet.  You ladies are killing me!!  Thankfully though that's my only brush lust, I'm really happy with my Sigma brushes otherwise.  I WAS happy with the foundation brush too!  Sheesh. 

Thanks SO much for all the well wishes!!!!  My back is feeling a little bit better today, I think thanks to that Vicodin last night.  I did do some shopping while I was laid up, but smartly did not actually buy anything!  I'll probably do my Sephora order today so I can be done with it.  I'm so indecicive!! 

AddieLove, what a bummer you couldn't go skydiving!  That happens all the time I think - everyone I know that has been has had it cancelled at least once due to weather.  I have ALWAYS wanted to go but have been too chicken so far.   

Jen, so glad you are feeling better, hope it means you are truly on the mend, and that it's not just the Vicodin! Don't forget to get some Guerlain mascara in your Sephora order, with the 15% off it's totally worth it ;)

AddieLove, so sorry: I remembered that you were planning to go skydiving, but totally forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday! So, better late than never: Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D And hope the skydiving works out this week-end, please let us know :)

Julip: you have to stop dangling those LY brushes in front of me, lol! I'm already totally obsessed with those, and my want to have list is growing by the day, lol!

Julip, hi! :) And here I still haven't tried my Vitalumiere Aqua samples! :D Thank you! For my birthday last year I went ziplining and had a blast! I want to go back eventually and take part in their ziplining challenge. I've never gone bungee jumping, but I definitely want to go. I've always thought bungee jumping would be scarier than skydiving because you have less control. Yikes!
I've never gone before, so this will be a tandem jump. One of these days I'll want to jump by myself, though.
Any plans to go skydiving soon for you?

Jen, well, I don't feel I deserve the credit as Neo is the one who actually went out and tried it and reported back, but you're very welcome! :)
Glad to hear your back is feeling better today! I hope it continues to improve!
It was really disappointing because we drove so far to get there, and it was supposed to be THE event but better to be safe, I suppose.
It's so funny because they tell you to eat something before you go. You don't want to jump on an empty stomach, so I'm slightly paranoid I'll vomit while on the plane or on the way down. :D It is scary! My friends and I joked that three would go but only two would come back. ;) I think it'll be a great experience, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly!

Neo, thank you! I was impressed you remembered I was going skydiving! I'll definitely report back after Saturday whether I'm able to go or not!

Cobbie, thank you! Thanks for the review of the Steam Cream! I keep thinking about it. I adore the tin, but I just wish I didn't have to dip my fingers in the pot!
Same here! I can't count the number of times I've thought I was done with makeup only to realise I've forgotten my mascara and/or meteorites. The added steps at the beginning are throwing me off! :D
That Fresh Shampoo and Conditioner sound lovely!

When I think about the products that I used to stick with for years and now I try something new almost every day. So many new steps that I sometimes forget things...like mascara.
;D I'm with you but for me is is my AH primer. I get my makeup all on and it looks pretty good and then I remember I forgot the primer. ahhhh well, better luck the next day. ;D ;D

4,061 - 4,080 of 10,928 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.