Kindle Forum banner

4121 - 4140 of 10927 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I had some Amazon gc money so I got two of the deep pore clarsonic brush heads & a pack of two beauty blenders for $22.  1 for $19, 2 for $22.......odd.  It will be nice to have a reusable sponge to blend and fix even if that's all I use it for.  I may still be weakening on the coco beau.....but I draw the line before using brushes for moisturizer and primer!!  I also bought the Blu Ray of Tin Man, which was a tv miniseries redo of the Wizard of Oz if you haven't seen it.  Zooey Dechanel from She & Him etc is the main character.  Both my husband and I love it. 

Went to the chiropractor today, the problem isn't as severe and long term as I thought, I have some swelling that is pinching a nerve connected to the sciatic, but hopefully the adjustment and some ice and rest will bring it down.  With as bad as it has hurt I thought I really messed it up!  I am really dying to workout again, so hopefully it gets better in a few days like she said.  I have to say, the cracking was freaky but felt reeeaaalllyyy good!!

Cute slippers Victoria!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I forgot that I also finally ordered the Green Smoothie Revolution book by Victoria Boutenko, so fellow Vitamix freaks I'll report back how I like it!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Jane917 said:
I have never applied liquid foundation with anything other than my fingers. Why do I need a brush. Doesn't the brush get really dirty really fast?
Surprisingly, no! I put the foundation on the back of my hand, dip the tip in and brush and buff - then buff it on a piece of tissue before putting it away. It stays cleaner than my eyeshadow brushes! I clean my brushes probably every other week though, I'm terrible about using the daily brush cleaner! Anyway, I don't like using my fingers to put on foundation so I can't commemt too much on that. The brush makes it spread so smoothly, I love it.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Jen, you will be happy to know that I went back to Sephora today to get one more UD eyeliner pencil, this time in Oil Slick (they finally got it back in stock today and I felt like I had to go and get it while the 15% were still on :D), and I just had to get the Dior addict lip glow ;D. So you see, you too are a bad influence on me, lol. But I know it's for the best ;)

I also got a masque I have wanted to try for a while now: the Boscia Luminizing Black Mask. It's a peel off mask, and the reviews are pretty impressive! I will probably try it sometime this weekend and will of course report back with my impressions :D

AddieLove, I like that Dior bronzer review! I love that they show it compared to the Guerlain, which we know is not really a bronzer, lol, but it shows really well how the Guerlain is really more of a nacre/mother of pearl effect than a real bronzer! I say you have to give the Dior a try, it's the only way you'll ever know ;). I already know that I will definitely Be going for the Chanel Soleil Tan creme base bronzer, it was just so pretty! ;D

Jane, I thought like you originally, but because you use a synthetic hair brush for liquid foundation, it actually doesn't really absorb much of the foundation. I wipe my brush every day after use with some of the Sephora Daily Brush Cleanser sprayed on a tissue, and wash it once a week (usually on Sunday, as I don't go out and don't make up - and the monster Coco Beau needs a good while to dry). It's working out really well for me :). I think you should give it a try, you would be surprised at how much foundation you will actually save like this, and how much fun it is - I have to say that applying my foundation with my Coco Beau every morning has become a very pleasurable ritual I am really looking forward to every day. As I recently told a friend who was saying that she didn't have time for make up in the morning, I don't mind taking the time, because it makes me happy :)

Victoria, those bunnies are adorable!!!!!!!

Julip, you are also applying moisturizer and Hourglass primer with the same brush you use to apply foundation, or a different one?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,127
There is I'm sure no need to apply moisturizer and primer with a brush, but it gives me those extra couple minutes with my beloved LY34 (or CB BFF or LY02 ... whichever one I'm using that day ;D). The foundation brush reviewer said she uses her foundation brush to first apply moisturizer or primer so that the brush doesn't absorb as much foundation, so Neo, yes, I'm using the same brush :). Since I've only tried this one time with the moisturizer & primer, I can't say for sure if it really helps reduce absorption, but like Neo, I don't find that with the synthetic brushes that much foundation is absorbed anyway. And like Neo :D I wash the brushes daily with her recommended anti-bacterial daily Sephora brush cleaner and then thoroughly wash with purity once a week. I may up that to 2 if I continue using it for the moisturizer.

Neo, so glad you got your last list goodies from Sephora! On the last day of the coupon, no less. Good job. :D

Victoria - I love your bunny slippers!! Thanks for the book rec!

Jen - Oh, I love my Vitamix and green smoothies! I haven't read back pages so I didn't know there was a recent Vitamix discussion and about green smoothies! I have that book as well as her Green For Life book. Both my DH and I have a green smoothie at least a couple of times a week, though I must admit I have not branched out much on them and only have used the Going Green Smoothie recipe since it tastes exactly like Green Machine, which I drank a lot before my Vitamix. I'll change it up sometimes with some protein powder or blueberries, but mostly I just keep those ingredients around (also sometimes switching the spinach with kale, since the books mention switching your greens). My other most favorite Vitamix recipe is the sweet potato soup recipe. So delicious!

Cobbie - that is too bad about your experience with the beautyblender! I actually have noticed that happening before too, so for my concealer I usually just lightly tap, while when I used it with my mist foundation I would do the roll. And come to think of it, I don't usually use it damp, unless it's not yet dry from its last washing. But that's mainly because I haven't looked at the directions for a really long time. :D

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I am experiencing BRUSH LUST! :D. Those brushes look so beautiful in their little roll! I don't wear liquid foundation, but I think I need to try the magic foundation! ;) :D ;D.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Yaaayyyyy Cobbie, you got your CB!!!! Isn't it fantastic? And yes, the Chanel looks, well, puny, next to it - I wonder if I could maybe bring it back next time I go, I don't think it will get much use anymore... I can't wait for you to use it tomorrow and tell us what you think ;D. Have you tried that Mascara already? It looks really cool!!

Skyblue, just get yourself to a Chanel counter already, find your Raymond, and try the VLA. Once you've fallen in love with your new liquid foundation, all you will have to do is order yourself new brushes. Voila, easy ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
It really makes me feel better when I get to enable YOU to buy something Neo! What do you think of the lip glow? It has become my go to lip balm during the day, and it adds such a great pink hue to my lips. But it's a pink that works for me, being a redhead I pretty much stay far away from anything pink. I just love the feel of it. I hope you love it too!!

So you got the CB BFF too, Cobbie? This just isn't making it easier for me to hold out!!!! It's so sad, I know I'm going to cave so I might as well just do it! I have NO willpower!

Speaking of willpower, I get off at 1:00 today since it's Good Friday (meanwhile the rest of the world gets the whole day off....oh well) and I have to run up to the mall to do a return. I have a $50 off $100 coupon at NY & Co.....and it'll be a miracle if that's all I get out of there buying!!!!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I made an impulse purchase today before I even finished drinking my coffee. My Hobo Lauren wallet is so worn, I found a deal and decided to replace it. I love this wallet...HARD....and will not be able to carry another one...EVER. ;D ;D ;D

I saved $30 but I also shopped through Mr. Rebates and will get an additional 5% back. (I checked ebates but it was only 2.5%)

http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=237226

http://www.6pm.com/product/7148576/color/287471

Now I'm needing a brush or brushes....waaaaaaaa!!!!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Jen said:
It really makes me feel better when I get to enable YOU to buy something Neo! What do you think of the lip glow? It has become my go to lip balm during the day, and it adds such a great pink hue to my lips. But it's a pink that works for me, being a redhead I pretty much stay far away from anything pink. I just love the feel of it. I hope you love it too!!

So you got the CB BFF too, Cobbie? This just isn't making it easier for me to hold out!!!! It's so sad, I know I'm going to cave so I might as well just do it! I have NO willpower!

Speaking of willpower, I get off at 1:00 today since it's Good Friday (meanwhile the rest of the world gets the whole day off....oh well) and I have to run up to the mall to do a return. I have a $50 off $100 coupon at NY & Co.....and it'll be a miracle if that's all I get out of there buying!!!!
Jen and Neo, I checked out the Dior Lip Glow on the Sephora site. It sounds nice, but I can't help but think about those Fran Wilson "mood" lipsticks that turned your lips bright red or bright pink! :eek:

Jen, today is the last day of the 40% off EVERYTHING at Loft. You may want to check it out while you are at the mall.... 8)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Neo said:
I also got a masque I have wanted to try for a while now: the Boscia Luminizing Black Mask. It's a peel off mask, and the reviews are pretty impressive! I will probably try it sometime this weekend and will of course report back with my impressions :D
Please share your impressions. I've put that masque into my cart at least a dozen times and taken it back out.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have an Urban Decay "24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil" in Rockstar that I absolutely LOVE and use as a daily eyeliner.  However, I am having a problem with sharpening it- I am having serious issues with getting a nice even point on it- a couple of times I have ended up with a sharp "edge" that scratches if I don't notice and sharpen it down even further... It seems like I am wasting A LOT of the actual pencil trying to get a decent useable surface..

I am guessing that I need to use something other than the old, cheap eyeliner sharpener that I have had for years-  and I am guessing that some ladies here probably have suggestions for an "upgraded" sharpener that I probably ought to invest in.... so can anyone help me?

Oh- I grabbed a tube of the "Falsies" mascara to try and hold me over until I find my "new favorite mascara"- the good news is that I don't hate it- it separates my lashes nicely (better than the DiorShow was doing for me) and it doesn't clump.... but it does seem to flake a bit over the course of the day- so it works for now, but I need to get myself to Sephora or Macy's and continue my quest for mascara!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
ZzuZzu, did you get the waterproof version?  I wear the waterproof and it doesn't flake on me.

·
Registered
270 Posts
It IS the waterproof version... I do tend to rub at my eyes fairly often (especially in the Spring when my allergies are at their worst), so I figure that might have something to do with it... or maybe I got an "old tube" or something?  It isn't terrible, so I am not in a huge rush to find something else- and the price point is certainly a nice thing!!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Speaking of flakes - I was thinking yesterday morning that the Mally was kind of growing on me, and when I went to wash it off last night I could NOT believe the amount of flakes under my eyes!  I've NEVER in my life had that problem with mascara, even drug store brands.  I don't rub my eyes at ALL!!  I was not happy.  I'm excited to get my lash stash samples so I can try a bunch of new kinds. 

4121 - 4140 of 10927 Posts