Kindle Forum banner

4181 - 4200 of 10927 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Oh, and my CB took a couple of weeks to arrive: I ordered on a Sunday night, and got it on the Thursday of the following week - not too bad :)

SN, you are going to love your new CB, and like Cobbie said, I doubt it will make anyone but you happy (directly, that is, indirectly we are all happy for you!) ;D

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
A couple of weeks. <sigh> I cannot believe I have to go around looking this dreadful for a couple more weeks until The Beast arrives. ;D

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Oh no Neo! I'm sorry to hear you don't like the lip glow! Like you said, at least you know now.

I am NOT going back to the LY site, I'm NOT............

I had convinced myself that my big beast won't get here until the week after next so I'll be happy if it gets here next week. Yeah right ::) !

·
Registered
446 Posts
Someone Nameless said:
I want to say that I think I prefer to sweep but that's just because the brush that I have now is so small and flat that sweeping is practically the only option. I love my Kabuki brush for mineral makeup and I love how quickly I can swirl it on, so I would probably love to swirl my Chanel VA too.

Decisions, decisions. :)
Kabuki brush with Bare Minerals all the way -

I'm not very good at cleaning my brushes daily or weekly - time just gets away from me!
(ah, maybe it helps I dont wear makeup every day?)

I bought the Oil of Olay brush instead of Clairisonic's $200 ($150?) I watched and read lots of reviews (Mia has a larger head, the inner brushes vibrate, the Olay is the size of the Mia's inner brush - but they rotate, not vibrate, its soft, and the speed is slower)

I like it - but for microdermabrasion I prefer Susan Lucci's Youthful Essence - her brush isnt a brush, but more of a sponge (hard) pad - and the product she markets with it - you can feel the crystals - however, all the other products that come with it, I didnt like - neither did my skin!

The BUFF PUFFs I remember those - maybe I should try those as well!

·
Registered
150 Posts
This isn't a makeup/skincare/nifty accessory question, but it is about shopping...

Wednesday is Administrative Professionals Day. We have one administrative professional in our office who works for my director, and she also helps my fellow staff members and me with arranging travel and other tasks. I would like to do a little something for her because she's a great team member and I really enjoy working with her, but I don't think it would be appropriate for me to do a big gift because I'm not her boss.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Asphodel said:
This isn't a makeup/skincare/nifty accessory question, but it is about shopping...

Wednesday is Administrative Professionals Day. We have one administrative professional in our office who works for my director, and she also helps my fellow staff members and me with arranging travel and other tasks. I would like to do a little something for her because she's a great team member and I really enjoy working with her, but I don't think it would be appropriate for me to do a big gift because I'm not her boss.

Any ideas?
I'd suggest a gift certificate to her favorite restaurant unless you know something specific about her - like if she reads and has a Kindle, an Amazon gift certificate, or if she is a Starbucks fan, etc.

Gift cards are always good.

·
Registered
819 Posts
angelmum3 said:
Kabuki brush with Bare Minerals all the way -

I'm not very good at cleaning my brushes daily or weekly - time just gets away from me!
(ah, maybe it helps I dont wear makeup every day?)

I bought the Oil of Olay brush instead of Clairisonic's $200 ($150?) I watched and read lots of reviews (Mia has a larger head, the inner brushes vibrate, the Olay is the size of the Mia's inner brush - but they rotate, not vibrate, its soft, and the speed is slower)
There you are angelmum! I wanted to let you know that I'm really happy with the bare minerals I bought on your recommendation...I use an ecotools kabuki to apply. I also bought the oil of olay brush instead. I like it, but i think I will end up getting a clarisonic one day and try to get hubby to use the oil of olay brush. He has really oily skin and I really think a good deep clean would help some.

·
Registered
446 Posts
:) This is a dangerous place!

My dd (14) is really loving her Bare Minerals also - and she gets so many compliments on her skin - but (imho) she does apply eye makeup (smokey eye!) a little to heavy! But I pick her up at school, and look at what the other girls are wearing, and she fits right in!

Glad you are enjoying your BE - I tried a few other eye colors, but for me, BE works best -

Philospy Microdermabrasion - anyone use this? I want to try the Philosphy Purity + the miracle worker retinol pads to see if that helps -

In Sunday's paper there was an article on how in the Spring we need to exfoliate our skin from the winter... must LOL at the exfoliate - made me think of how snakes shed their skins - but at the same time, I've noticed my face has a need for exfoliating!

I used to think using a washcloth was exfoliating!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Angelmum, it sure IS a dangerous place! But so fun. I have actually used several forms of Philosophy microdermabrasion. I use the same wash that cmg uses about every 3rd day. I also use this every other week or so -

http://www.philosophy.com/skincare-exfoliatorsandpeels/microdelivery-peel-product

(picture maker won't work on these for some reason) and I LOVE this stuff. It does great things for my skin!!

I have also use the pads, and frankly don't really like them. I don't really get what's exfoliating about them. If it's exfoliating, it's purely chemical - because the pads are smoother than even a cotton pad.

http://www.philosophy.com/skincare-exfoliatorsandpeels/microdelivery-peel-pads-product

If you get anything, Philosophy has 15% off for $65 or more (through 4-26), and it's today's ebates double cash back day at 8%.

Asphodel, I think it's really sweet that you want to get something for her. A gift card is perfect for that situation, and she will really appreciate it! We don't appreciate our administrative assistants nearly enough! I know this because mine is TERRIBLE! :D

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
cmg.sweet said:
Neo, how did your new polish work for your mani/pedi?
cmg, thank you so much for remembering! The new polish is gorgeous!!!!! AND it dries really fast too, which is always a plus in my book :D! The color in the end, is more of a Tahitian Green Pearl finish, in my opinion, with much more green undertone than grey or blue. But it kind of changes with light and what you are wearing, and today I have a green sweater on ;D. I really like it :)

I also wanted to report that I used the Boscia Luminizing Black Mask last night for the first time:

It was an interesting experiment :D. They say that you should apply the mask thinly and evenly, but all reviews that I read made a point to mention that you shouldn't apply too thinly, or else it wouldn't peel off properly. The instructions say to keep it on for 20mn or until dry, then peel off.

The whole process took me an hour and a half last night :eek: - no, it didn't all go as planned, lol.

Application was easy, although it is worth mentioning that the consistency of the mask itself is pretty gooey, and made me think of tar (like the stuff they put on roads).

Anyway, the mask immediately felt very fresh and pleasant on my face. It is completely black and very shiny, kind of fun actually.

After 20mn, I wasn't sure if it was dry or not - it still looked shiny, and it still felt fresh on my face. So I figured I'd leave it a bit longer. After 30mn or so (total, not in addition to the first 20mn, lol), I decided to take it off - or at least to try to! That's when I discovered how you know whether the mask is dry or not: if it doesn't stick to your fingers when you touch it, it's dry. If it's still gooey and sticks to your finger, well, it's still wet :D

So I proceeded with peeling the thing off my face, except that it didn't completely come off, because it wasn't completely dry! Guess I didn't apply it evenly enough - and now I looked like a dalmatian! After over an hour of pulling bits and pieces as they dried, I realized that I had applied too thickly on my cheeks, and that's why it took so long to dry ::)

But in the end, it was well worth it: my skin looked fantastic when I finally got it all off (albeit a bit red from all the pulling, lol), and today it still looks amazing! I never thought I had big pores or anything, but now I know what my skin looks like without any visible pores, and is smooth and even ;D

So I will definitely use it again and most probably re-buy when I finish the tube. As for application, I've learned my lesson: apply thickly enough that it looks completely black and you can't see the skin underneath, but no thicker than just that! And "evenly" is key :D :D :D

angelmum, like many here, I use the Philosophy Purity as my daily wash with my Clarisonic, and love it ;D

Asphodel, I agree with Jen and SN: a gift card is perfect :)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,197
I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend! And congrats to everyone who has THE BEAST flying on the way to them. You will not know what you did without it! The good news for anyone considering the LY brushes - mine arrived in a week, so if you end up on caving on those too, the wait isn't quite as long, at least that's how it worked out for me (my CB took 2 weeks and 1 day to southern CA). The gravitational pull towards the CB after looking at the blog pictures is truly undeniable. ;D

Oh, I remember Buff Puffs too! I used the thin disposable ones that came in a 30 pack dispenser, something like that. One of my cats loved them too and liked to dig out my discarded ones out of the trash and bat them all over the house lol.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Of the things I've been "enabled" to buy on this thread, my favorites are the Clarisonic, the Tassi, the Tervis Tumblers, the Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation and brush, and Mally blush system and Mally mascara.
I was uber skeptical about the Clarisonic, because, well, I'm cheap! However I no longer have bumps on my forehead nor dark brown age spots on my face. I still have age spots, but they have minimized in appearance considerably.
I like the Tassi so much I bought one for my best friend for her birthday (we always do something rather small for each other's birthdays).
After getting the Tervis Tumblers, I got rid of all my other cheap "insulated" tumblers because they were cracking and looked scratched and scarred.
I've been using BE foundation for years, and never thought I'd go back to a liquid foundation, but I love the coverage of the Tarte foundation, as well as the big foundation brush the kit came with.
I love my Mally mascara and Mally blush system. Luckily I've had no flaking with the mascara and it makes my eyelashes look amazing! The blush system is the first one I've used that highlights my high cheekbones without contouring.
The other thing I got that was "inspired" by this tread is the maracuja oil I'm using as a moisturizer. Although I could not bring myself to pay the ridiculous price (IMHO) that the tiny bottle of the Tarte Maracuja Oil demands, I'm quite happy with the no name alternative I found!

Some other products I'm absolutely passionate about: Pure Beech bed sheets from Bed Bath and Beyond, LipSense semi-permanent lip stain from independent Senegence distributors, Surgi-wax Brazilian Waxing Kit from Amazon (I'm sure you can get it elsewhere) and Anew Alternative Intensive Age Treatment Day Lotion, from Avon.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I'm totally obsessed with Pure Beech sheets too!!  I love the satiny kind vs the jersey kind.  BEST sheets ever!!

I'm not even starting to list the things I've bought since I clicked here.  I would probably cry  :D !

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Cobbie....errrrrr, I DO!  I have Quartz and Topaz because I couldn't decide which I liked best.  We truthfully, Topaz matches some of my pottery best but Quartz matches my kitchen (granite and stainless steel and black appliances).

You will love Quartz.  It's basically black (but clear, if you get my drift)

4181 - 4200 of 10927 Posts