Kindle Forum banner

4201 - 4220 of 10927 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Hippie2MARS said:
Of the things I've been "enabled" to buy on this thread, my favorites are the Clarisonic, the Tassi, the Tervis Tumblers, the Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation and brush, and Mally blush system and Mally mascara.
I was uber skeptical about the Clarisonic, because, well, I'm cheap! However I no longer have bumps on my forehead nor dark brown age spots on my face. I still have age spots, but they have minimized in appearance considerably.
I like the Tassi so much I bought one for my best friend for her birthday (we always do something rather small for each other's birthdays).
After getting the Tervis Tumblers, I got rid of all my other cheap "insulated" tumblers because they were cracking and looked scratched and scarred.
I've been using BE foundation for years, and never thought I'd go back to a liquid foundation, but I love the coverage of the Tarte foundation, as well as the big foundation brush the kit came with.
I love my Mally mascara and Mally blush system. Luckily I've had no flaking with the mascara and it makes my eyelashes look amazing! The blush system is the first one I've used that highlights my high cheekbones without contouring.
The other thing I got that was "inspired" by this tread is the maracuja oil I'm using as a moisturizer. Although I could not bring myself to pay the ridiculous price (IMHO) that the tiny bottle of the Tarte Maracuja Oil demands, I'm quite happy with the no name alternative I found!

Some other products I'm absolutely passionate about: Pure Beech bed sheets from Bed Bath and Beyond, LipSense semi-permanent lip stain from independent Senegence distributors, Surgi-wax Brazilian Waxing Kit from Amazon (I'm sure you can get it elsewhere) and Anew Alternative Intensive Age Treatment Day Lotion, from Avon.
Did you get the full coverage Tarte foundation? I just ordered it on QVC but it's on waitlist. The Tassi looks great too! My wallet does not thank you. ;)

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Hippie2MARS said:
Of the things I've been "enabled" to buy on this thread, my favorites are the Clarisonic, the Tassi, the Tervis Tumblers, the Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation and brush, and Mally blush system and Mally mascara.
I was uber skeptical about the Clarisonic, because, well, I'm cheap! However I no longer have bumps on my forehead nor dark brown age spots on my face. I still have age spots, but they have minimized in appearance considerably.
I like the Tassi so much I bought one for my best friend for her birthday (we always do something rather small for each other's birthdays).
After getting the Tervis Tumblers, I got rid of all my other cheap "insulated" tumblers because they were cracking and looked scratched and scarred.
I've been using BE foundation for years, and never thought I'd go back to a liquid foundation, but I love the coverage of the Tarte foundation, as well as the big foundation brush the kit came with.
I love my Mally mascara and Mally blush system. Luckily I've had no flaking with the mascara and it makes my eyelashes look amazing! The blush system is the first one I've used that highlights my high cheekbones without contouring.
The other thing I got that was "inspired" by this tread is the maracuja oil I'm using as a moisturizer. Although I could not bring myself to pay the ridiculous price (IMHO) that the tiny bottle of the Tarte Maracuja Oil demands, I'm quite happy with the no name alternative I found!

Some other products I'm absolutely passionate about: Pure Beech bed sheets from Bed Bath and Beyond, LipSense semi-permanent lip stain from independent Senegence distributors, Surgi-wax Brazilian Waxing Kit from Amazon (I'm sure you can get it elsewhere) and Anew Alternative Intensive Age Treatment Day Lotion, from Avon.
Tell me more about the sheets. I need new sheets. Very very deep cornered sheets. What thread count? What is the feel? Is it Egyptian cotton or sateen?
Paula

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I don't know about the depth (I have a tempurpedic which isn't thick, but there is definitely room for more), but these are the ones I use and LOVE. I'm really picky about sheets - I hate flanel, I hate regular satin, jersey balls up too quick, even really high thread count is typically not soft enough for me - I've used these for about 2 years now and wash them every week. Still as good as new. I can't imagine ever using anything else.

I got my Sephora order yesterday, but I had a dinner to go to after work and didn't get home until 10:00. I had to get up at 6:00 this morning, and just didn't feel like going through everything. I pulled out the Clinique pore serum since my sample is about gone (still really loving that stuff), and I pulled out the Givenchy under eye concealer & Dior lip mazimizer as well, but left everything else in the box. I want to have time to play with it, so I'll have time after work today. First impression on the Givenchy is good! I don't have super dark circles, so it is the perfect amount of brightening that I need when I get little sleep as I did last night. First impression on the Dior gloss is good too! It's not sticky at all (which is why I tend to stay far away from glosses) and I really like the tingle of it. Oh, I also pulled out the Bumble & Bumble curl foam as well this morning, it's a really strange consistency! I thought it would be like a mousse, but it's a gel that turns sort of foamy. I REALLY need a haircut (getting one Saturday) so it's hard to tell right now because it's too long and is annoying me, but I think it has added some curl to it today. I'll report back on that after I get my haircut and get the true test.

·
Registered
446 Posts
We now have a King size bed - and I was at Sam's Club debating about sheets - I have no idea what brand they were - but I know they were around $50 - and they are Sateen, love the feel of them - I used to have Egyptian Cotton from Linens and Things - that was pure luxury -

I am really liking the Olay Brush - I know its not a Clairsonic, its smaller brush, and its very soft - Using it with purity...

Also I think for my mask I'm going organic - as in, my fridge and cupboard, egg whites and oatmeal!

Still havent taken the Tervis plunge, its the only glasses we use at the lake... so I just havent plunged for our home!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
That reminds me, I've been using the deep pore clarisonic brush head for about a week now and I really like it.  However, my skin is not at all sensitive, it may not be great for those that do have sensitive skin.  It really scrubs, which is exactly what I need. 

I have a few different types of masks that I've never used, I need to remember to use one maybe this weekend.  I did the Philosophy Microderm last night, I love that stuff!! 

·
Registered
819 Posts
Ok ladies...how do you store your jewelry...specifically earrings and necklaces (I have a box already that just holds rings that I can use for those).

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have pearls - and I made a pouch (very simply) for each - out of the fleece fabric -

I found a perfect small jewelry box that has sections on top, pull it out and it has a box for bracelets - the top part I put my most used earrings and rings

When I travel I have 2 boxes - one is a small rubber made type container with sections (6inches long by 4inches at most)  but my dear friend bought me this precious night side jewel box - that has velvet interior - so I like to travel with that - but it needs a hair rubber band to keep it closed - but I keep my wedding rings in that box...

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I am actually really proud of my ingenious idea to store all of my necklaces. For earrings (which I really don't wear) I have one of those hanging jewelry pouch things, but for my necklaces I made one. I bought some of those 12x12 cork board squares, and hung them on my closet wall. Then I screwed in a bunch of hooks in different places to hold my necklaces. If you're interested I can take pictures so you can see what I do. I have a lot of chunky necklaces though, if you have small ones those hanging pouches might work. Something like this -

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Oh my goodness - edited to add...I didn't even SEE Jen's post until after I had posted mine, but it is the same type idea exactly.  It's brilliant, if I do say so myself.  ;D

My friend taught me a very good trick about earrings.  If they are studs with regular backs, you put the back on the post then put the stud of the second earring through a hole in the back and put the back on it and they stay together as a pair!  No more digging for matching sets.  The same thing with lever back earrings - hook them together.

I have a large jewelry armoire that fits in a small space behind the door of my bedroom.  It has a top that lifts up, sides that open out and hold all my costume type necklaces and then lots of drawers.  I was still having a problem with my necklaces with finer chains getting tangled up.  Just a couple of weeks ago I bought a (not too large) cork board* that actually looks like a large picture frame.  I took fabric (leopard, of course, for me) and covered the cork part by stretching and pushing the fabric under the edge of the frame with a paint scraper.  I hung it behind the door of my bedroom over the jewelry armoire.  You would have to walk around the door and be looking for it to see it, but it IS cute.  It has  helped SO MUCH with keeping my necklaces straight plus it puts them out there where I see them and I find that I'm remembering to wear things I forget about.

I actually told my sweet hubby what I was thinking about and sent him to Office Depot.  He called me from there and described the cork board he found and picked that up for me along with the push pins.   ;D ;D  He's a keeper!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I didn't even think about covering the cork with fabric, great idea!!!  I got the 12x12 squares because I had the perfect spot in my closet to put 4 vertically, but if you have the room any cork board would do.  Plus cute fabric, what a great idea!!!  I've already done mine, but if I ever do it again I'm stealing that idea!!!  Great tip on earrings too!!!  If I wore more I'd definitely do that.  I'm on the phone ALL day and earrings just bother me most of the time.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Thank you, Cobbie and Jen, for the review of these sheets! I have been on the hunt for soft, luxurious sheets to no avail. I broke down and purchased some pillow cases. I purchased an organic, high thread count cotton and they are anything but soft and luxurious. I will definitely check these out. :)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Thanks ladies!  At my old apt. I had small plastic command hooks on the wall that I stored my necklaces on, but when I moved (over 2 years ago) I bundled everythign into the jewelry box I was using for earrings (the box has never suited my needs, but I've never been willing to buy something that works for my needs) and it all got tangled up and I ignored it until last night.  I may go back to doing the hooks or try the corkboard.  I'd love a nice floorstanding jewelry armoire, but too much other stuff I want to buy lately to save up money to buy one.

·
Registered
819 Posts
angelmum3 said:
I have pearls - and I made a pouch (very simply) for each - out of the fleece fabric -

I found a perfect small jewelry box that has sections on top, pull it out and it has a box for bracelets - the top part I put my most used earrings and rings

When I travel I have 2 boxes - one is a small rubber made type container with sections (6inches long by 4inches at most) but my dear friend bought me this precious night side jewel box - that has velvet interior - so I like to travel with that - but it needs a hair rubber band to keep it closed - but I keep my wedding rings in that box...
The only set of pearls I have are the ones my mom bought for me to get married in, I keep thim in the pretty wooden box they came in and don't let any other jewelry near them.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Cobbie said:
I was just in Chat with Chris and I thought she was the one who wanted information on sheets. :) I knew it was someone whose name started with a 'C". LOL

Paula, here are the ones I like at BB&B.

Very deep - too deep for my mattress even with a foam pad but they feel so good I don't care if they are a little big. They fit mattresses up to 18".

Thread count - 630

Thanks. I think I'll try a pair although my mattress is so thick that 18 inches is probably not thick enough. But I think i am in the market for a new mattress also so maybe it will work out

The package says - 100% Supima Cotton Sateen. They feel wonderful.

The top sheet hangs almost to the floor. I have two sets and plan to get more, but I can't justify throwing out my other good sheets just yet.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Jen said:
I don't know about the depth (I have a tempurpedic which isn't thick, but there is definitely room for more), but these are the ones I use and LOVE. I'm really picky about sheets - I hate flanel, I hate regular satin, jersey balls up too quick, even really high thread count is typically not soft enough for me - I've used these for about 2 years now and wash them every week. Still as good as new. I can't imagine ever using anything else.

I got my Sephora order yesterday, but I had a dinner to go to after work and didn't get home until 10:00. I had to get up at 6:00 this morning, and just didn't feel like going through everything. I pulled out the Clinique pore serum since my sample is about gone (still really loving that stuff), and I pulled out the Givenchy under eye concealer & Dior lip mazimizer as well, but left everything else in the box. I want to have time to play with it, so I'll have time after work today. First impression on the Givenchy is good! I don't have super dark circles, so it is the perfect amount of brightening that I need when I get little sleep as I did last night. First impression on the Dior gloss is good too! It's not sticky at all (which is why I tend to stay far away from glosses) and I really like the tingle of it. Oh, I also pulled out the Bumble & Bumble curl foam as well this morning, it's a really strange consistency! I thought it would be like a mousse, but it's a gel that turns sort of foamy. I REALLY need a haircut (getting one Saturday) so it's hard to tell right now because it's too long and is annoying me, but I think it has added some curl to it today. I'll report back on that after I get my haircut and get the true test.
THanks Jen. Which tempurpedic do you have and do you like it? Is it hot to sleep on?
I need a new bed and almost bought one last time, but am afraid it will sleep hot or not be good for my back.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
corkyb said:
THanks Jen. Which tempurpedic do you have and do you like it? Is it hot to sleep on?
I need a new bed and almost bought one last time, but am afraid it will sleep hot or not be good for my back.
I LOVE my Tempurpedic - SN and I have the same one ;D. No matter where I am (this even applied to Maui!!!!!!!), I'm always so happy to come back home to my wonderful Tempurpedic. It has literally changed my life. Before, I used to get up with aches and pains - in my hips and shoulders (I sleep on my side). Now I get up rested :)

I would say that you should definitely go for it: Tempurpedic has this policy that you can try one for I don't know how long (check their website), and if you don't like it you can take it back (or rather, they'll come of pick it up!) and get your money back, no questions asked. May be worth a try ;)

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Before my Tempurpedic when I woke up, I walked like an 80 year old woman until I got to moving around....I  was stiff and sore and everything hurt.  This was 15 years ago.  Tempurpedic changed all that.  Our first Tempurpedic was replaced free of charge after about 12 years because it started to sag.  If you DO buy one hang on to the receipt because you might just get it replaced one day for free.

You spend entirely too much time in bed not to have a great comfortable bed.  Getting rest it too important.  I wouldn't walk around in uncomfortable shoes and won't sleep in an uncomfortable bed.  ;D

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,219
Ooh, those sheets sound so nice! I really love t-shirt sheets, but you all make the sateen sound wonderful, so I may have to try a set of each. ;D

I always seem to wear the same rings, earrings, and necklace day to day so I usually don't put them away in this every night, but for the rest of my jewelry, I keep them in an older version of the Gold & Silver Safekeeper Jewelry Case by Lori Greiner. The one I have also has one side with hooks to hang necklaces which then drapes into a pocket. It doesn't look like this one has that feature, but the zip pockets work just as nicely. Maybe even nicer since you can keep everything completely separated.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,220
I had my makeover today at the Chanel national MUA event at my local Macy's, and it was a lot of fun! For once I left a makeover without looking like a clown. :D My MUA was really helpful to keep my look very natural since I don't like to wear too much makeup. She suggested some really nice shades that I would have never picked out myself, but I ended up loving the look.

One in particular was the new Rouge Coco Shine lipstick in Boy. I would have never picked this shade out for myself, thinking it would be too light and pink on me since I usually go for more rosey-beiges. She paired it with Tulip lip liner, which is very close to my lip color, and also a match to the lipstick. It's a very pretty combo and great for spring and summer! The lipstick itself feels so creamy and emollient, yet it is very long lasting. The picture takes you to a review and swatches, though the color looks very different on me than it does on the model!

4201 - 4220 of 10927 Posts