Kindle Forum banner

Accessories Anonymous - Post your fun shopping finds here! Anything Goes!

745K views 11K replies 152 participants last post by  gresskey 
#1 ·
This is a home away from home from the infamous Fossil bag thread - share all your fun shopping finds here - slippers, shoes, jewelry, kitchen gadgets, etc. Enablers welcome!  ;D

#5,103 ·
So I feel like I actually made money shopping today...I recently bought a Links of London Sweetie bracelet off of eBay. It had two charms attached, which the guy selling it told me he didn't think were genuine LoL; but he was selling the bracelet for his wife, who'd received it from a previous boyfriend (hmmm...just realized I never thought to ask if she actually knew he was selling it! :-XB). Although it looked authentic to me, I thought I'd take it to my local Links store to have them verify the authenticity. Not only is it genuine, but it has five gold coloured links on it, which they told me are 18K rolled gold, and said they sell that one for $450 (the plain sterling is about $250)!

I was very happy, and should have turned around and walked right out of the store, but one of the sales clerks pointed out one of the displays that had a bunch of stuff for 50% off. I really like the Friendship bracelets, and they had several, but most were bright colours (i.e. orange, hot pink etc) that I didn't think were very practical. Then I spotted a chocolate brown with a darker brown edge and asked if I could see it. The girl told me she was very surprised that it was there, and that she'd just found that one of that colour in the back of a drawer this morning. So I figured that since I'd scored such a deal on the original eBay bracelet, there would be nothing wrong with buying the Friendship, seeing as how it was on sale for $125 from $250. It is one of these http://www.linksoflondon.com/us-en/online-shop/collections/friendship/2 but in dark copper with chocolate brown.

According to my calculations, I got approximately $700 worth of bracelets for about $200. Now, seeing as how I shouldn't be spending $200 on something as frivolous as bracelets, someone please quickly tell me how great this is and that I could actually make money off of them, i.e. that they are an investment ;). (But they didn't come with a monkey :()!)

#5,105 ·
SN, methinks you are trying to set a record for smackdown.  Actually you probably already have, so why don't you come off and buy some more of those LY brushes?  OHOHOH  My beast is at the post office!!!  I got a notice today that I have a parcel at the PO>  I could not for the life of me figure out what needed a signature.  I couldn't even think of anything else I bought until this very second!  Thank you, for helping me remember.  I hate it when things are at the PO though as I cannot get there during the day during the week.  I can sign and they will deliver in 2 to 3 days.  That sucks but I may have to do that as it literally could be Saturday before I get there.  Shoot.  I want it tonight now that I know it is there.

#5,106 ·
Neo, you are right about curly haired women having more options! My hair will not hold a curl either, but that's ok. How long is your hair now? I think the Hana might be good for you as yours is so straight. I do notice a difference in mine not being as "fuzzy". I think it must do a better job of making the cuticle lay flatter? And I would be very interested in your potential bag sale! I know you are traveling soon so I wish you a safe trip and a great time with your family. My girls are leaving Weds am for a week in Ohio w/ex's family so I'm heading to CT to visit an old friend for a few days. Will make a stop at The Westchester so I can go to Nordstrom and Sephora.

#5,107 ·
My hair is very straight also.  But I cannot use a round brush on it.  Just not that coordinated.  That's why I don't know if the dryer would be wasted.  I use my palms to dry my hair and a huge curling iron to get some a little volume into it.  Oh and  a ton of product. 

#5,109 ·
Trust me ladies, having curly hair isn't all that great either! I can't brush it once it's dry or I have fuzz head, it has a complete mind of it's own, I can't use a hairdryer so I have to leave the house with wet head in winter, no matter what I have to wash my hair every day, and some days it just looks terrible and there is nothing I can do about it! I straightened it in high school, but it never got really straight - and now that I want it curlier it's flat half the time and I could straighten it in 5 minutes, but it doesn't look good at all! I have always wanted super straight silky hair - so it just goes to show, you always want what you don't have.

Neo, warn me before your purse sale so I can run and hide! I have a feeling I'll want everything of yours! I do NOT need more purses!!! Or makeup brushes.........(NO MORE!)

Speaking of, my LY brushes were dry this morning somehow, but I didn't end up using the LY34. I have an important meeting today, then drinks after work, then to meet friends for dinner and a concert, so I really didn't want to play with the bronzer and brush in case I mess it up and it looked terrible! I have the day off tomorrow so I'll play with it then! I have to say, the LY07 is wonderful, and it really IS better than my big Sigma. The Sigma is a nice brush, but the LY07 is just beautiful and so soft. ALL of them are so beautiful!! (seriously cmg....BEAUTIFUL ;D !)

Ruby, I'll keep an eye out for your kids and ex here in Columbus!! Then again, I probably shouldn't kick him in front of the kids, huh? ;D

#5,111 ·
Jen said:
Neo, warn me before your purse sale so I can run and hide! I have a feeling I'll want everything of yours! I do NOT need more purses!!! Or makeup brushes.........(NO MORE!)
We should coordinate our purse sale! I have several Tano bags I am ready to sell. I need to get my inventory down to a manageable level!

#5,112 ·
I guess there is no perfect hair texture.  Mine is thick with lots of body but not curly and not straight.  I can get it all silky smooth and walk out in the heat and it starts to wave or flip in all matter of unwanted ways!  It's not enough body that I can wear it curly though.  Curl just falls right out.

Back in the day (80's) I used to get perms and just pick it out.  I looked at those pictures recently and asked my family WHY they didn't say something to me.  My hair was SO BIG it looks like I needed to turn my head sideways to go through a door!!!  I have a hilarious family Easter picture on my Facebook right now that causes me to ROFL when I look at it.

edited to add:  ...my husband had on those huge glasses that cover half his face and make him look like Chevy Chase and my son is STILL mad about what I dressed him in!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

#5,113 ·
Cobbie, don't you worry about it one bit.  I bet none of them have the fabulous makeup, handbags or accessories that you do.  You could even take a monkey with you.  I'm sure SHE would be the center of attention and no one would even notice your hair.  ;D

#5,114 ·
Hahaha! I guess there really isn't any ideal, where hair is concerned!!!!!

My hair is so straight, you could almost call it limp  :'(

It's straight silky smooth (which is good), or straight and frizzy when it's humid (which is not good and makes me look like a witch, lol). I tried having a perm in the 80's... it lasted a week, and then I was back to straight, lol!

I have since embraced the straight hair (as it seems I can't fight it!)  ;D

#5,117 ·
I got the long handle, but I certainly wouldn't call it long.  Maybe 5 or 6 inches. 

I sort of wish I got the fan brush!  I saw it in one of her videos, it's HUGE! 

#5,119 ·
My hair is stick straight.  I get it layered in a reverse bob usually and i can get a little body with a huge curling iron.  I'm finding I can tolerate it without the curling iron, but it's pretty much a blob with no body.  My hair really doesn't get frizzy.  I kind of don't know what that means, but I find I always want more shine and I think folks get that by using a straigtener.  I bought one but have never used it and no hairdresser has ever used one on my head either so I don't think they are really meant for my hair type and I'd probably burn it right off. 

I'm still at work which means no beast today and I din't put the card back in the mailbox.  I wanted to sneak out at 4:30 but I didn't make it.
Tomorrow I have a doctors appt. after work.  Maybe I can leave a bit early and pick it up then.  Can't figure out why PO's close at 5 PM.  How are working people supposed to pick up packages.  Did you guys have to sign for the beast?  How about the LY?  I am loathe to order things I have to sign for. 

#5,120 ·
candyisdandy said:
So I feel like I actually made money shopping today...I recently bought a Links of London Sweetie bracelet off of eBay. It had two charms attached, which the guy selling it told me he didn't think were genuine LoL; but he was selling the bracelet for his wife, who'd received it from a previous boyfriend (hmmm...just realized I never thought to ask if she actually knew he was selling it! :-XB). Although it looked authentic to me, I thought I'd take it to my local Links store to have them verify the authenticity. Not only is it genuine, but it has five gold coloured links on it, which they told me are 18K rolled gold, and said they sell that one for $450 (the plain sterling is about $250)!

I was very happy, and should have turned around and walked right out of the store, but one of the sales clerks pointed out one of the displays that had a bunch of stuff for 50% off. I really like the Friendship bracelets, and they had several, but most were bright colours (i.e. orange, hot pink etc) that I didn't think were very practical. Then I spotted a chocolate brown with a darker brown edge and asked if I could see it. The girl told me she was very surprised that it was there, and that she'd just found that one of that colour in the back of a drawer this morning. So I figured that since I'd scored such a deal on the original eBay bracelet, there would be nothing wrong with buying the Friendship, seeing as how it was on sale for $125 from $250. It is one of these http://www.linksoflondon.com/us-en/online-shop/collections/friendship/2 but in dark copper with chocolate brown.

According to my calculations, I got approximately $700 worth of bracelets for about $200. Now, seeing as how I shouldn't be spending $200 on something as frivolous as bracelets, someone please quickly tell me how great this is and that I could actually make money off of them, i.e. that they are an investment ;). (But they didn't come with a monkey :()!)
So, I had never heard of Links of London prior to this post. Now, not only do I know where the one in town is, but I also want one of those black double wrap friendship bracelets!!!!

Thank you :mad:!!!! :D :D :D

Ladies, you have that purses sale coming, I'm telling you ;D

#5,125 ·
Neo said:
No, but LY34 was originally made for mineral foundation, andi know someone here got it for exactly that purpose and was happy with it :)!

Does that help? ;D
I get the numbers all confused without looking but I think the LY35 is what I got for that and it's great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.