Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have an accessory that they think would be perfect that hasn't been invented yet?  Inventing one that you want to tease?  I have some refinements; a pocket for spare SD cards in my cover, which I'll probably add to my Kindle cover cover.

I'm envisioning something like the music holder for the marching band piccolo player like in The Music Man, that would hold my Kindle for me while I walk with my arms full.  LOL!

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I have some refinements; a pocket for spare SD cards in my cover, which I'll probably add to my Kindle cover cover.
A number of the after market covers, including the M-edge, have pockets for spare SD cards.

Ann

·
Registered
829 Posts
hmmm....    thinking....  thinking.....  thinking....   

nope.  can't think of anything..... 

·
Registered
376 Posts
Cover with a lightwedge like light built in (similar to to  Lighted Sony cover for the 505). 

They are supposedly working on it but its still in the design-discussion phase. 

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
A place for a note pad on the left for bible study notes and journaling... although I do believe M-edge has a new cover that has a built in light with note pad... I wouldn't need the light... just the note pad.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Angela said:
A place for a note pad on the left for bible study notes and journaling... although I do believe M-edge has a new cover that has a built in light with note pad... I wouldn't need the light... just the note pad.
Some of the covers I've seen have that, too. It's a matter, I guess, of finding just the right one.

Betsy

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'd like a cover with a built-in light that isn't bulky. I think a zip-around cover that opens like a book and holds the Kindle with straps would be nice.

Maybe I need to get designing...

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Boston said:
Cover with a lightwedge like light built in (similar to to Lighted Sony cover for the 505).

They are supposedly working on it but its still in the design-discussion phase.
OK, you just solved my lack-of-backlight problem (I know I'm the only one who wished for backlighting, though not at the expense of the beautiful E-Ink). I have a lightwedge and didn't think about using it with Eleanor! I just tried it and it works great (I know, everyone with a lightwedge already knew this...so I'm a little slow, LOL!) This will be great for reading in bed and hotel rooms when my extremely light-sensitive husband is sleeping. The lip fits on the top edge, and I can position it so that I can reach the next page and prev page buttons on the left, which are the ones I use most. Hurrah!! Life's little pleasures.

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I would like a cover that would also have a pocket for my iPhone since I seem to have the two devices with me constantly.

L

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
OK, you just solved my lack-of-backlight problem (I know I'm the only one who wished for backlighting, though not at the expense of the beautiful E-Ink). I have a lightwedge and didn't think about using it with Eleanor! I just tried it and it works great (I know, everyone with a lightwedge already knew this...so I'm a little slow, LOL!) This will be great for reading in bed and hotel rooms when my extremely light-sensitive husband is sleeping. The lip fits on the top edge, and I can position it so that I can reach the next page and prev page buttons on the left, which are the ones I use most. Hurrah!! Life's little pleasures.

Betsy
Holy smokes...I have both the HB and PB size lightwedges....who knew??? I'm guessing it's the HB size that fits the Kindle. *smacks forehead for not thinking of that...and I should have had a V8* :p

Right now in terms of carrying my yet to be named Kindle...I use Le Sport Sac in the Deluxe Everyday Bag style. It's big enough to carry everything and the strap is long enough to wear it cross body if you need to free up your hands, plus it's so lightweight to start with...a definite bonus :)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Chynared--you and me both shoulda stayed in a Holiday Inn, we'd be much smarter now (allusion to TV commercial series)! I'm using the paperback lightwedge. I like it because the home, Alt-Aa buttons are all accessible below the edge of the lightwedge. You can see it in the photo I posted.

Betsy
LOL! I definitely have to try it tonight. Last night I tried out a light I had for the first time and I couldn't adjust it well enough that I didn't have a glare...in order not to have the glare, I couldn't read half the page :-\

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, I had the same problem with the Mighty Bright, even on the low light.  I like it but with the glare and the fact that it really won't work if my husband is in the same room (extreme light sensitivity), I think I'm going to use it as a computer light and grilling light.  The lightwedge works much better for me.  Let me know how you like it!  It was, literally, a lightbulb moment for me.

Betsy

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Yes, I had the same problem with the Mighty Bright, even on the low light. I like it but with the glare and the fact that it really won't work if my husband is in the same room (extreme light sensitivity), I think I'm going to use it as a computer light and grilling light. The lightwedge works much better for me. Let me know how you like it! It was, literally, a lightbulb moment for me.

Betsy
I just tried it in the bathroom...not enough light for me though it's a fabulous idea Betsy!!!

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
chynared21 said:
I just tried it in the bathroom...not enough light for me though it's a fabulous idea Betsy!!!
Too bad, it was great for me, I used it last night in a completely dark house! You know it has two light settings, right?

Though I know I do better in dim light than some, I could always see faint quilting lines that none of my students could ever see.

Betsy

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Too bad, it was great for me, I used it last night in a completely dark house! You know it has two light settings, right?

Though I know I do better in dim light than some, I could always see faint quilting lines that none of my students could ever see.

Betsy
LOL, I see better in dim light but I can't read in dim light...my daughter can ;-p Yes, the first click is the brightest and the next a step down in brightness. Great idea though!!!

·
Registered
829 Posts
I like the Mighty Bright because of the bendy neck.  I can get it just right - no glare.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kirstin said:
I like the Mighty Bright because of the bendy neck. I can get it just right - no glare.
I must be doing something wrong with mine. If I get it where the light is evenly distributed, there's a big glare...I'll play with it some more. I really like it as a light in general, very easy to use, good light, good clip, good bendy neck. But in the meantime, the Lightwedge works really well for me, hurray!

Betsy

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Thanks, SJC, I'll look around...I'm also very tempted by the purse Pidgeon92 mentioned. I think it's on sale half price at Levenger.... if I hadn't just ordered A LOT of fabric online today, I would have ordered it. I think I'll look around at Nine West purses...

Love this group!

Betsy
Betsy, It IS on sale! Luckily it's just a bit too big for what I like to carry so I was able to talk myself out of it.

BTW, I use a lightwedge too. The only thing I don't like about it is trying to change the batteries. They're such a tight fight!

Heather

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
luvmy4brats said:
Betsy, It IS on sale! Luckily it's just a bit too big for what I like to carry so I was able to talk myself out of it.

BTW, I use a lightwedge too. The only thing I don't like about it is trying to change the batteries. They're such a tight fight!

Heather
How do you like your lightwedge with the Kindle? I'm very happy,

I'm still dreaming about the purse/bag. Resistance may be futile.

Betsy

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
How do you like your lightwedge with the Kindle? I'm very happy,

I'm still dreaming about the purse/bag. Resistance may be futile.

Betsy
I really like it. I actually have the full size one. I started off with the night vision one (it's a red light) but it hurt my eyes after awhile. My only problem is with changing the batteries. I often fall asleep while reading so I have to switch the batteries out constantly and it's such a tight fight. I tried the mighty bright but I just couldn't get rid of the glare.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts