Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.....so here is my dilemma. I originally purchased an M-edge Prodigy in Jade green leather. Over the past few weeks [ and as pics have become more readily available] the Creek Bed Maple Oberon has really grown on me!

I decided to cancel my M-edge and order an Oberon.....all good right?? Well when I emailed them to cancel they informed me my Cover was already shipped. :( They said if I don't want it I need to send it back unopened with "refuse package return to sender" on it.

I now have the box........and I'm trying to decide if I should leave it un-open and just return it without having to pay S/H OR if I should open it up.....try it out see what it looks like in person and then return it if I still don't like it. Other than S/H I would also have to wait up to 2 to 3 billing cycles before seeing the return credited to my CC- M-edge states this- though I don't see why it should take so long?

Any opinions appreciated......I can't figure out which to do.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Why did you want to cancel the M-edge in the first place?

I cancelled mine because of the big space on the left edge.  So, to me I wouldn't want that. 

But I can totally relate to what you are going through :p

So, ask yourself why you wanted to cancel it and whether that reason is strong enough or if you might want two cases :p

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jaspertyler said:
or if you might want two cases :p
Oh Enabler you!! LOL No I originally wanted to cancel the M-edge because in some of the pics I've seen the quality of the leather/craftmanship seems rather poor [for 50 bucks] Also the gap issue does bother me a bit, but both the Oberon/ and M-edge seem to have some gap. Basically for $20 bucks more the Oberon seems like a much nicer cover.

Although now that the box is here it's hard for me not to at least look.....KWIM?

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you decide you don't like it, you could always sell it here on the boards.
I'm sure someone would snatch it up from you just to get a cover earlier than the expected ship dates.  

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
They tell you 2-3 months because it can take that long, usually it only takes about 2 weeks tops. Me, I'd probably open it up, test it out for awhile and then decide whether or not to send it back. M-Edge does have a 60-day return policy. You'd only be out the shipping charges.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I can't believe you are asking all of us this question. LOL You can try it out and use it while you are waiting for your Oberon cover, if you decide that is what you would rather have. I'm sure you could sell it here or you can return it if you decide you don't like it. You may decide you like both.  :)

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL you are all SUCH ENABLERS!!! Shame shame shame!! I ordered my Creek Bed Maple and I sent M-edge an email back telling them I will be sending them back the cover tomorrow. Thanks thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts