Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never had this happen in the 13 months we've had books listed on Amazon.  No notice, nothing.  Our weekend promo isn't running today either.

I've sent them a note but in the past they have never written back.  So we're out of luck forever?

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
Are you absolutely certain you didn't try to log into KDP with your non-author Amazon account?

I have a different one for my Kindle, just because of how I set up initially with my pen name, and sometimes I have a small panic when my KDP shows up blank because I'm using my purchasing account.

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
Have you checked the spam folder in your email? I've heard lots of people saying that a lot of Amazon's emails about stuff like this gets shunted into spam.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I've had stories blocked by Amazon 4 times now. My other stories ares till up and running. So, I doubt that they'll ban you because of a single screw up/disagreement. Maybe thsi is simply a technical malfunction and the promo will kick in later on? My current promo took a while to actually show up on the page.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
All your books appear to be for sale, including the Kathy Clark ones, although you could see that easier than I could.

I'm not sure what you meant by your promo not running. None of your books seem to be in Select, so unless the Select book is missing from your author list, I'm not sure what promo Amazon would control, unless you're doing one of their invite-only ones.

You can search through the threads about account blockage. It's usually one of these things.

1. You have duplicate logins and you logged in incorrectly. I have done this--if you put in too many passwords incorrectly, you get a new account with the old email address. HATE this about Amazon and it's hard to delete the bad accounts--you have to call them.

2. You were sent a notice with a few days to take action and you somehow didn't get it. Usually if it's just a Select issue (they spotted your book for sale elsewhere when it's supposed to be exclusive), they will just block that book. But if it is an actual copyright issue, they will block your whole dang account. Usually it's pretty easy to fix, as long as you write them. Search those emails and spam boxes.

I have never had an email to KDP be ignored. To expedite, log in to Author Central instead of your blocked KDP and have them call you.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lots of great ideas...I think Brian had the answer.  The email used to set it up had a 3 day old email about blocking the account because we had a book no exclusive and was set up on KDP Select.  Our bad.  I contacted them on the email they sent e so maybe by next week it will be ok?

Originality we had everything in KDP Select then just the new ones then just the back list but we forgot to remove one of the new ones that is not exclusive.

Anyway...thanks.  The free book we had slated for today thru Monday will not run so we wasted the spend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts