Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if I posted in the wrong category.
My account has been locked and I do not have an email from KDP regarding their reason, so I cannot reply to them.
I may have inadvertently deleted their email...I cannot contact them as it requires me to log in, which is impossible.
How can I email them and get my account unlocked?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
181 Posts
Damn, there sure are a lot of accounts being locked lately. What kind of books did you publish? Did you have the rights to them, etc? All you can do is go to the Contact US section of KDP and email through there or use the chat or phone option if it's there. Sometimes it's not. You can call the main Amazon number and tell them to transfer you to KDP.

Also, uh, just emailing won't get your account unlocked. Depending on what they've accused you of, you can be in an uphill battle. Prepare to battle it out for a while and you might need outside/legal help. If Amazon believes you broke the TOS by doing some egregious, then you will have to fight to get your account back if they haven't banned it permanently. If you've been banned permenantly you're sh*t outta luck sadly.

Your first mission is to find out why they banned you and hope it's not an offense where they won't give you a second chance. It's your burden to prove you didn't do whatever they accused you of.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Without the email they sent you, there's basically nothing you can do. The account is gone. Typically, Amazon will warn you if you're doing something against TOS. Often these emails go into the spam/junk folder. The thing is, you only have five business days to correct whatever they're telling you, or the next thing is termination with no further contact.

Even if you can find the email (have you looked in your trash folder?), there's no guarantee you could get the account back. You can ask, you can promise you won't misbehave again, but usually, once the decision is made, you're done.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Apologies if I posted in the wrong category.
My account has been locked and I do not have an email from KDP regarding their reason, so I cannot reply to them.
I may have inadvertently deleted their email...I cannot contact them as it requires me to log in, which is impossible.
How can I email them and get my account unlocked?
Thanks in advance
I recently posted this on the How to find a human on Amazon's Content Review Team thread. Maybe that poster can tell you if it still works.

Amazon, contact when you don’t have an account: [email protected] U.S. and Canada: 1-866-216-1072 Amazon Customer Service Support – Amazon.com

Go to Amazon.com. Spend less. Smile more. Scroll to the bottom of the page, in the footer is the link for "Help" In the left hand side bar, click "Author, Publisher, & Vendor Guides". Scroll down, choose Programs for Listing Items on Amazon.com . Scroll down, click Kindle Direct Publishing]https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/signin]Kindle Direct Publishing . Ignore the Amazon KDP sign in page, scroll down to bottom of page to footer, click CONTACT US . Ignore next sign in screen again, and now you should see an option to "If you don't have an account or can't access your account, you can skip sign in." Click that option. You are directed to a screen with multiple pull-down menus. I would suggest choosing Prime or Something Else > Amazon Business Question > Contact by phone or email. Choose "Phone", input your phone number, and Amazon will call you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Without the email they sent you, there's basically nothing you can do. The account is gone. Typically, Amazon will warn you if you're doing something against TOS. Often these emails go into the spam/junk folder. The thing is, you only have five business days to correct whatever they're telling you, or the next thing is termination with no further contact.

Even if you can find the email (have you looked in your trash folder?), there's no guarantee you could get the account back. You can ask, you can promise you won't misbehave again, but usually, once the decision is made, you're done.
Thanks for the reply; I gave up on retrieving that account, so no worries.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I recently posted this on the How to find a human on Amazon's Content Review Team thread. Maybe that poster can tell you if it still works.

Amazon, contact when you don’t have an account: [email protected] U.S. and Canada: 1-866-216-1072 Amazon Customer Service Support – Amazon.com

Go to Amazon.com. Spend less. Smile more. Scroll to the bottom of the page, in the footer is the link for "Help" In the left hand side bar, click "Author, Publisher, & Vendor Guides". Scroll down, choose Programs for Listing Items on Amazon.com . Scroll down, click Kindle Direct Publishing]https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/signin]Kindle Direct Publishing . Ignore the Amazon KDP sign in page, scroll down to bottom of page to footer, click CONTACT US . Ignore next sign in screen again, and now you should see an option to "If you don't have an account or can't access your account, you can skip sign in." Click that option. You are directed to a screen with multiple pull-down menus. I would suggest choosing Prime or Something Else > Amazon Business Question > Contact by phone or email. Choose "Phone", input your phone number, and Amazon will call you.

Thanks for the advice, but I gave up on retrieving my account. Thing is, I never got to upload my book as I was waiting on book cover artwork design to be completed. So I have no idea as to the 'lock' on my account....

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Do you still have access to your main Amazon account?

If so, from the top menu, go to Account & Lists >Account >Your Messages. Typically, any email you get from Amazon--including KDP--will be listed there.

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Thanks for the advice, but I gave up on retrieving my account. Thing is, I never got to upload my book as I was waiting on book cover artwork design to be completed. So I have no idea as to the 'lock' on my account....
If you never got to upload anything, but got locked, is it possible you were already locked out and trying to open a new account?

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
I gave up on retrieving that account, so no worries.
I sure hope you don't think you can open another account, because that's not allowed.

I still think it's weird you hadn't even published yet, and the account was locked. The only thing I can think of is, you already had an account and it was terminated, which means if you try to open another, it will be gone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts