Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone knowledgeable on a good ACT Prep for English and reading? My son is pretty smart (beats me most of the time) but has dyslexia which is currently treating but his dislike of reading has left him a little behind, did well on Math and science on the ACT but needs to bring up Endglish and reading. There are a ton of prep books, but  I can't find a way good way narrow them down and hoping someone is familiar with them

·
Registered
710 Posts
If you're still looking for an ACT prep book, I highly recommend Kaplan's. If you can, I would also suggest having him enroll in an ACT prep class. I picked up a lot of tips and tricks in the classes. I think the classes were a great investment for me. Even though I did well on my first go around, I got a perfect score my second time around.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I advise you to have a look at such editions: Barron's ACT, it contains big content, like 50 pages in each section with tests at the end of each section; Erica Meltzer's The Complete Guide to ACT English, where all practice questions are grouped by skills which means that your child will be able to drill his understanding of each rule separate.

Adam.

apparently self-promotional link removed -- Ann

1 - 4 of 4 Posts