Kindle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a bit of fun my wife asked who would I want to play my characters if my novel The Lost King: Resistance, were to be successful enough to be made into a film.

We settled on Javier Bardem for the role of William the Conqueror and Thomas Brodie-Sangster for Edgar. And that was just the start of it.

Although this was a bit of fun, I have found it useful to think about when plotting and planning the book I am writing at the moment.

I recommend the game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,593 Posts
Well, mine is a non-fiction memoir type.  But if I could chose someone to play me, I'd have to go with Betty Rubble. 

Although, I'm sure Wilma Flintstone would do an adequate job too.  ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
989 Posts
I know it's ridiculous, but I love this stuff! I've thought out dream casting for every single character in These Hellish Happenings, even the really minor ones. For Jack Bentley, my protagonist, I've always pictured Canadian actor Richard de Klerk, and Alex Ridner, his demonic partner in crime, is Benedict Cumberbatch of Sherlock fame. Vivian Wolfe and Lucy Blake, two supporting characters, are Anne Hathaway and Nikki Blonksy, respectively.

It's just so much fun!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
992 Posts
MartinLake said:
As a bit of fun my wife asked who would I want to play my characters if my novel The Lost King: Resistance, were to be successful enough to be made into a film.

We settled on Javier Bardem for the role of William the Conqueror and Thomas Brodie-Sangster for Edgar. And that was just the start of it.
No fair! Javier is supposed to play one of the guys in my trio of Vampy goodness, Clive Owen the other guy, and Monica Belluci as the third. Interestingly enough, the actual MC is the only one I haven't cast... of course the novel's still a WIP so I'm sure it will come to me eventually!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,824 Posts
Kpfowler said:
No fair! Javier is supposed to play one of the guys in my trio of Vampy goodness, Clive Owen the other guy, and Monica Belluci as the third. Interestingly enough, the actual MC is the only one I haven't cast... of course the novel's still a WIP so I'm sure it will come to me eventually!
Lol I called Monica first... but that's the beauty of actors; they take on multiple works at a time :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
992 Posts
RonnellDPorter said:
Lol I called Monica first... but that's the beauty of actors; they take on multiple works at a time :)
Don't you just love her? I watched her in one of the most disturbing movies I think I've ever seen (the name escapes me, I think it's something like Irriversible) and she left me in awe. For the record, my husband is well aware of my girl-crush ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,824 Posts
Kpfowler said:
Don't you just love her? I watched her in one of the most disturbing movies I think I've ever seen (the name escapes me, I think it's something like Irriversible) and she left me in awe. For the record, my husband is well aware of my girl-crush ::)
Well it's okay to have a girl-crush; remember the golden rule (refer to hilarious but completely reputable video)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,323 Posts
James McAvoy absolutely for Sir James Douglas in A Kingdom's Cost. Perfect looks for the part.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
992 Posts
RonnellDPorter said:
Well it's okay to have a girl-crush; remember the golden rule (refer to hilarious but completely reputable video)

Oh my! I hadn't seen that one. Too flippin funny. I'll have to keep that in mind! ;D In all seriousness (well, maybe partial-seriousness) I'd happily share her with you for movie purposes, but if she ever waltzed into my neck of the woods, hubby's on his own :eek: lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd never heard of Monica Belluci but I realise she'd be great for the part of Anna who will appear in the next part of my Lost King series.  Serendipity.

I also bag James MacAvoy for Godwin although he's have to dye his hair.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,185 Posts
JeanneM said:
Well, mine is a non-fiction memoir type. But if I could chose someone to play me, I'd have to go with Betty Rubble.

Although, I'm sure Wilma Flintstone would do an adequate job too. ;D
You're cute.

Back when I had an agent he used to always try to get me to "cast" my novel, The Old Mermaid's Tale. I told him I couldn't because the characters were too real to me and trying to imagine them as someone else was very confusing. Some of my readers have made some very interesting suggestions for both of my novels but I still see my characters as unique beings in my head.

The only character I've ever created that I honestly thought an actor would be perfect for is Silvio in My Last Romance. I think Dennis Farina would be excellent for that part.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,185 Posts
Kpfowler said:
Don't you just love her? I watched her in one of the most disturbing movies I think I've ever seen (the name escapes me, I think it's something like Irriversible) and she left me in awe. For the record, my husband is well aware of my girl-crush ::)
I saw that movie (Irreversible), too. You can have Monica if I can have her screen and real-life husband, Vincent Cassel. ;)
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top