1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
I'm sure he inspired thousands of kids to study martial arts.

<sigh>

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
My dad worked on the sets for Kung-Fu, we used to have some of the candles from the show. Carradine was a legend, how sad that he is gone now.

·
Registered
205 Posts
i wonder if he really meant to commit suicide?  from what i read the cord was around his genitals as well as his neck.  wierdness.  either way, i'm sorry for his family.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
hazeldazel said:
i wonder if he really meant to commit suicide? from what i read the cord was around his genitals as well as his neck. wierdness. either way, i'm sorry for his family.
The last news item I read said that the details had not been confirmed -- not even whether it was a suicide or not, let alone the graphic details -- so far that's all just rumor.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
This was so sad. I feel so sorry for his family. I don't understan :)d why he would do it when he was there making a movie. Just a sad situation.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
My brother was a huge fan back in the day.  I already called him.  We were thinking that maybe he found out that he had something terminal and did the unthinkable like Brian Keith (Family Affair) did when he found out that he was ill.  (Or that euphoric/hanging thing sexually; went too far before he could un-hook himself)...who knows...In any event; my sympathies...RIP.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Just remember, what the media says and what really happened are two different things a lot of the time.

They automatically think suicide when in fact it might have been murder made to look like suicide. There is also the implication it may have been accidental by auto-erotic asphyxiation gone wrong.

I pray for his family to have peace through this tragic event.

Sailorr]

·
Registered
195 Posts
So very sad  :'(  I only knew of him from "Kill Bill".  My husband has been schooling me on "Kung Fu" all afternoon.
I'm so sorry for his family.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Sailor - I agree with you 100%

I too am sending prayers to his family.

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
"Nobody bother me!"  "Nobody bother me, either!"

From the Jhoon Rhee Karate School commercials all over TV when I was a kid. . .might only be a Washington area thing.  They got REALLY popular while "Kung Fu" was on. . . . .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts