Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else contact acx, call them, and still wait for months and it's STILL pending (even after you finish & pay the audio narrator)?
I have multiple audiobooks that have been pending for 2-3+ months.

I called them and they said they have so much to go through.
But again, having waited over 3 months, this is taking way too long. Anyone STILL waiting on the approval for months?

·
Registered
13,301 Posts
blueman3 said:
Wow...I guess I'm not the only one. That's a long time.
They are HANDS DOWN the most incredible shithouse of a company to deal with in indie space. No competition. I advise anyone to release audio wide. You can start selling the very next day on Kobo, and a few days later on Apple and Google Play and similar venues.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I also strongly recommend that, as your contracts with ACX expire, you take the audiobooks to Findaway Voices after ACX withdraws your titles from distribution...especially if you're wide, and can utilize hitting it through Draft2Digital or Smashwords.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After I pay on acx I immediately publish to findawayvoices which I recommend to reach to Google and other platforms.

How do you sell audiobooks on kobo? Is it via findawayvoices?

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Undercover Writer said:
I also strongly recommend that, as your contracts with ACX expire, you take the audiobooks to Findaway Voices after ACX withdraws your titles from distribution...especially if you're wide, and can utilize hitting it through Draft2Digital or Smashwords.
Note that your contract for each book renews automatically on ACX unless you give written notice at least 60 days beforehand that you do not want to renew. You can change from exclusive to non exclusive at any time just by telling them you want to.

Not sure why you would want Audible to withdraw your books from distribution, but that does not happen automatically. The contract renews in one-year increments (ETA: after the initial seven-year period) unless you give the 60-day notice.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
ACX/Amazon has been terrible for me this year - first there were all the holdups in getting the books on the store, then after Audible Plus was launched my Audible sales dropped like a stone. I'm very pleased I decided to go wide when I did. I've found the Chirp featured deals to be excellent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts