Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

I was SO excited to learn about this board, and now I'm excited to be a part of it.

I received my Kindle II a couple of weeks ago as an early birthday/anniversary gift from my adorable husband. (My birthday and our FIRST wedding anniversary are four days apart, coming up the last week of April.) He was so excited about giving me this gift that he couldn't wait! ;)

I cannot spend enough time with this incredible piece of technology!

Of course...my husband, who subscribes to the Wall Street Journal and is an avid reader himself (mostly through our public library) was adamant that he would continue reading from dead trees. But then he took an interest in my Kindle...and I realized the perfect gift to give HIM would be his OWN Kindle! We are now the proud owners of two Kindles! And yes, he has decided to go totally Kindle with his Wall Street Journal. Guess what? Canceling his daily subscription (which amounted to having to walk out into our driveway every morning to retrieve a tightly rolled up and wrinkled newspaper) and changing his subscription to Kindle saved us over $200 a year. Can ya believe that?

The only downside I have found is that there just isn't enough time to read everything that I want to read. My Kindle goes everywhere with me (okay, not the shower).

I love the variety of literature that I have loaded onto my Kindle. Choices...so many choices! I'm currently carrying 31 books and two subscriptions in my tote bag and sometimes just under my arm...everywhere I go. How awesome is that? And it all weighs about the same as a good-sized paperback...wow!

I'm glad to be here. Thank you.

Lisa

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Lisa! everyone her loves their Kindle as much as you do yours. Have you been to
The Book Corner area? Lots of things to check out there, including books Recommended by our Members, Bargain Books and even Free Books! After you finish there, check out Accessories! You'll find great info on covers, lights, bags and more. Glad you found KIndleBoards.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Lisa - sounds like you belong here!  Welcome!  Just watch out for the enablers, they will want you to spend money on other than books  :( but then some of them will send you to the book korner for good prices on books.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Anju No. 469 said:
Lisa - sounds like you belong here! Welcome! Just watch out for the enablers, they will want you to spend money on other than books :( but then some of them will send you to the book korner for good prices on books.
Hey, I did put that first in my post, Anju! ;) Accessories didn't get mentioned till much later.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Hi Lisa, Welcome aboard.  You've come to the right place.  I too cannot find enough time to read everything I want to read. 
deb

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Lisa! We are glad you joined us and thanks for the intro. We have several Kindle Kouples here. Be sure and check out Borsa Bella Bags in accessories, they are so pretty and perfect for carrying your Kindle.  :)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome to the board! Enjoy your stay here  :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for the warm welcomes.  It already feels like home, here!  :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts