Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying the Kindle 2 cover that Amazon makes... if I order it and do the "ship in as few packages as possible", will that affect my Kindle delivery date? If it does, then I don't want to chance it, but I'd like to have them both arrive at the same time.

Anyone in this situation as well?

·
Registered
679 Posts
if you do the "few pakages as possible" it may delay your kindle becuase they then wait for all the items to be ready before shipping (unless they are coming from different warehouses), so if the Kindle is ready to be shipped, but the cover is not - they will hold your kindle until they can ship with the cover. For faster shipping, choose the option to ship you items faster (the wording is something like that).

·
Registered
107 Posts
I ordered the Kindle 2 cover and it has a delivery date of March 2nd.  My Kindle is scheduled for delivery on 2-26 and it says "shipping soon, order cannot be changed or cancelled." Amazon also has the money for the Kindle in temporary hold, but not the cover.  So ordering the cover did not change my delivery date.  I also have 2 day shipping on the Kindle, but not on the cover.  If what you say were true, then they need to give me my money back for two day shipping.  :) 

·
Registered
419 Posts
I was wondering about that too since I had also oredered the cover. I cancelled my cover last night and it changed to shipping soon within an hour. I re-ordered my cover this morning.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just checked my orders again and clicked on "combine orders".  It told me I could combine the cover with the Kindle, but not the Kindle with the cover, since Kindle is in "shipping soon" mode, so I left everything as is.  They give you the option of combining.  Also, when I ordered the cover they automatically gave me a separate shipping charge.     

·
Registered
921 Posts
Both my Kindle and Amazon Cover are scheduled to arrive on the 25th.  My Kindle says it's shipping soon and the Cover doesn't say that yet, so I don't know how they are doing that.  I'm guessing they are just running the credit cards on the Kindles to make sure there isn't a problem.  I'm sure with that many Kindle orders, it's going to take a while to run all of those cards.  As long as they both get here by the 25th, I don't care how they do it,  JUST GET IT HERE!!!  lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts