Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how many pages you can add to your paperback without changing the spine width?

I want to add a blank page before the prologue and possibly another blank page elsewhere but I can’t go back to my cover designer to change the spine width because she’s on leave.

Am I stuck or is there a little leeway?

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Heather_Author said:
Does anyone know how many pages you can add to your paperback without changing the spine width?

I want to add a blank page before the prologue and possibly another blank page elsewhere but I can't go back to my cover designer to change the spine width because she's on leave.

Am I stuck or is there a little leeway?
It depends entirely on the page count you have right now. KDP templates do come in ten-page ranges, as Sleeping Cat Books said, but they jump up a size specifically between the zero and the one (70 pages is one template size, and 71 pages is the next size up, for example). So if you can avoid jumping up to the next template size you should be okay. But you also have to keep in mind that, depending on your page count, adding one blank page can actually add four pages to your book, because of the way books are printed (on large sheets of paper, two pages to a side, four pages to one piece), so if that page that you add necessitates adding another piece of paper, you're actually adding four pages to your book, not just one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That info about ten page KDP increments is really important to know! I’m at 353, so a blank page and another full page, if need be, will still keep me under.

Thank you both for your help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts