Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can run ads for the ebook and the paperback if you publish through KDP but also through Ingram Spark?
What if you only published the paperback through both Amazon and KDP and made the eBook exclusive to KDP?

·
Registered
Writing the next books in my Martin Billings series.
559 Posts
You can advertise anything you want. Where are you thinking of running ads? You don't publish a paperback both through Amazon and KDP--that's one thing. So this isn't clear. And you probably shouldn't publish the paperback through Amazon and Ingram.

1.what you want to advertise and
2. where is it available and
3 where do you want to advertise?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can advertise anything you want. Where are you thinking of running ads? You don't publish a paperback both through Amazon and KDP--that's one thing. So this isn't clear. And you probably shouldn't publish the paperback through Amazon and Ingram.

1.what you want to advertise and
2. where is it available and
3 where do you want to advertise?
I was told by someone in Amazon Advertising that as of October 2020, books are in a special category--you can only advertise them if you area a KDP author.
I meant publishing though Amazon and IngramSpark. That's a common thing to do so that your book can be ordered from Amazon but also from B&N. Ingram can distribute to brick-and-mortars as well as BN.com, BN, and online bookstores other than B&N and Amazon. What I'm wondering is if there is any issue with advertising the paperback or ebook editions that Amazon publishes if you also publish through IngramSpark.

·
Registered
Writing the next books in my Martin Billings series.
559 Posts
Terminology confusion alert.... if you aren't a KDP author, your books aren't on Amazon, so you couldn't advertise them, you can only advertise things sold on Amazon because they need an ASIN. If you mean in Select, that's not true. First, an author isn't in Select, a book is (or isn't). The author can advertise books not in select but sold on Amazon (making the author a KDP author). I have, since Oct 2020.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts