Kindle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rookie here. I'm just dabbling in Amazon advertisement in preparation for finally completing my first trilogy. I have been playing around with the US variant for the past month and two days ago decided to give the UK variant a try. Bloody hell! The UK is so much cheaper and I'm getting a good rate of impressions as well(which doesn't make sense as everything is so expensive here!). Falling back onto basic economics, it seems there's just a lot less demand in the UK, but is that because of the books or because of the market? I'm finding I am having to spend at least 3x more on US advertisement to get any traction(in some cases, a lot more). Is advertisement as a whole in the US just a lot more costly, or is it just the books I've chosen to advertise on not being popular in the UK? (e.g. I got a £0.02 click on a Shayne Silvers keyword and the lowest in the US was $0.60). Or am I just doing something really stupid in the US market that I don't know about? I'm using the same keyword sets on both markets.

I will be practising with Facebook advertisement soon. Will it be the same differences in cost? I'd just like to know, so I know how much money I will throw into the abyss when I decide to pump both properly. However, I won't pump too much, as I haven't got much of a book catalogue yet(also, I've realised that my first trilogy isn't written to the market). Just more to see if I can get sales and to learn the ropes.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Yes, the US AMS is much more expensive than the UK. Same goes for the other regions I've tried.

But the US is the only region where you can spend a lot for awhile. The ceiling is lower in other regions, both in terms of potential ad reach and potential sales. Historically, I've made a nice chunk of money in other regions. My ROI is always better in the UK than the US, but I still make a lot more revenue in the US. There are just way more readers!

With Facebook, the end result is similar--better ROI in other regions, more revenue in the US--but the actual CPC in the US is usually only a bit less than the CPC in the UK. (And they eventually even out over time, because you go through the cheap clicks much faster in the UK).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts