Kindle Forum banner

Advertisers other than Bookbub and ENT...

658 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  JRTomlin 
#1 ·
Have you found ANY that are effective. To be frank, I have not, but I feel that there have to be other good advertisers out there somewhere.

Anyone?  :)

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Amanda Brice said:
I'm pretty sure I haven't sold a single copy that can be attributable to my Goodreads ads, but I've had a bunch of copies added to TBR lists, so I'm cool with that. I get more TBR adds than clicks, so it actually means that the money lasts and lasts, so the ads continue to be shown. They've been going strong for more than a month now, and I consider it a form of exposure even if it hasn't necessarily translated into sales. But I'm showing on more TBR lists, so that's good.
The same here. I ran several Goodreads campaigns and saw zero difference in sales, but they can give you exposure. That is a good thing but I am also aware that some of those people who put a novel on the TBR list already have a thousand books on it. I'm a bit skeptical.

And I don't think Goodreads is good for things like a 99 Cent promotion. Seriously, the pickings are very thin for advertising.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Amanda Brice said:
True. I don't expect anywhere near all of those TBRs to become sales or evenactual reads/reviews. But each time someone adds your book to their TBR list, their friends see that. So theoretically you're letting the engine do more exposure for you. Of course, whether any of that will ever lead to sales remains to be seen. But it's a fairly cheap experiment, so I'm OK with it.
I think it is brand building, which is a good thing. It increases name awareness among people who do read, so I'm not saying it isn't worthwhile. Unfortunately it doesn't give effective advertising for promotions, which is another thing entirely.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
I think we can agree that we need to do both.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.