Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm learning to run Amazon Ads and there's something I don't understand. I get it how they work when a reader types a keyword to search for a book. But how does it work with KU users? How do they search for a book anyway? I understand they're mainly interested in those enrolled in Kindle Select, so are they given a separate database with titles free for them to read? Or do they just search like any other reader and check if it's available on KU?

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
I think they search for KU books. And Amazon suggests things similar to what they've bought/downloaded before, so mostly KU would show up. I can't say for sure, I don't search that way (gave up my KU a while back), but that's how I've seen others explain it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
If the person searches the Kindle Store they get a check box on the left hand side that reads, "Kindle Unlimited Eligible". If they click it, all the non KU books drop out of the list.

If they search the entire store or books the check box doesn't show up. Instead, an "Amazon Prime" check box shows up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lu Kudzoza said:
If the person searches the Kindle Store they get a check box on the left hand side that reads, "Kindle Unlimited Eligible". If they click it, all the non KU books drop out of the list.

If they search the entire store or books the check box doesn't show up. Instead, an "Amazon Prime" check box shows up.
Thank you Lu and unknownwriter! That explains a lot!

·
Registered
466 Posts
I suggets you try out KU - I have had several times where amazon suggested it to me for 3 months for one etc. Once such an opportunity comes along, try it out or find a friend / convince a friend to spend their money ;)

when searching, it depends on what I search for. Am I looking for KU reading material? Then I will filter down KU only in my search and only those show up.

If I browse on pages, it will show me also boughts / read / looked at - mixed with KU and not, where I use the KU header to look at the material which is KU. But I also learned that on sponsored products it does not have that header - so if I see something interesting I will click and it if is KU I will (maybe) read it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts