Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone:
I'm getting ready to release my first romantic suspense novel, after crossing over from the spy thriller genre.
What's your advice? Should I buy some new release ads? Thoughts? Ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Ethan Jones

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Hi Ethan.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Ethan Jones said:
Hi everyone:
I'm getting ready to release my first romantic suspense novel, after crossing over from the spy thriller genre.
What's your advice? Should I buy some new release ads? Thoughts? Ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Ethan Jones
I'll lurk here since I'm crossing over from erotica and thrillers soon. I will tell you a best selling romance author was kind enough to take the time to let me know rom/sus is a good niche.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
It's like anything else with indie publishing. One book isn't going to do you much good. I launched a new romantic suspense pen name in October. I'm finally doing a promo for the first book in a few weeks. That's after I've released six books in the series (I do one a month). I keep them 55,000-60,000 words each and the genre kind of sells itself to insatiable fans. I developed the pen name with KU in mind. I'm moving about 300 units (between borrows and sales) each month for each book. I just put together two omnibuses, too (and left them out of Select). Those haven't even been out ten hours yet, though, so I have no idea what the sales will be. I'm not expecting much from them -- but it's more of an advertising thing for the future. The first book in a new series hits in mid-March -- and the second is done and will go up in May. Later this year I'm going to launch a third series. By the time next year rolls around, I plan to have four total series and alternate a new release every month. Each month the pen name is growing (although it still lags far behind my main name right now). My best advice is to have more than one book to funnel people to when you advertise. It makes the tail last longer.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi YodaRead:
Thanks for your reply.
Where are you promoting your book?

Others, any thoughts?
Thanks,
Ethan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts