Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I remember someone mentioning that you could get an affiliate link to the author page. How is it done? I can only search for (and get direct links) products in my affiliate dashboard.

Thank you!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
63,461 Posts
If you have an author page, you can just add your affiliate code to the link to the author page, like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Harvey-Chute/e/B00A4KLTOW?tag=kbrds-20.

Make sure you use the "bare-bones" link to the author page, ending with the pseudo ASIN, then a question mark and your code.

Betsy

edited to correct brain fart
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
If you have an author page, you can just add your affiliate code to the link to the author page, like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Harvey-Chute/e/B00A4KLTOW?tag=kbrds-20.

Make sure you use the "bare-bones" link to the author page, ending with the pseudo ASIN, then a question mark and your code.

Betsy

edited to correct brain fart
Perfect, thank you! this is exactly what I was looking for!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,961 Posts
A tip: I add my affiliate link whenever I put a link to amazon, whether it's on this forum or elsewhere. I have a keyboard macro: whenever I type the letters #ama the macro types out "/?tag=almaau-20"

Thus, if anyone follows my link, then buys a refrigerator, I get a little money.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
63,461 Posts
TromboneAl said:
>Make sure you use the "bare-bones" link

I wonder whether you can add it to any link if you include a forward slash. Like this:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Al+Macy&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3AAl+Macy/?tag=almaau-20
I was keeping it simple, but if you are using a link that already has a question mark in it, like the one you used, Al, you need to use an ampersand instead of a question mark. Or at least that is what I understand.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Al+Macy&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3AAl+Macy&tag=almaau-20

Though, of course, links on KB using affiliate codes other than our own is not allowed. :D

Betsy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,961 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I was keeping it simple, but if you are using a link that already has a question mark in it, like the one you used, Al, you need to use an ampersand instead of a question mark. Or at least that is what I understand.
I didn't know that, thanks.

Betsy the Quilter said:
Though, of course, links on KB using affiliate codes other than our own is not allowed. :D

Betsy
I didn't know that, either. I will stop doing it.

BTW, I don't want to brag, but I've made four cents through my affiliate program. Yay!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
63,461 Posts
TromboneAl said:
I didn't know that, thanks.

I didn't know that, either. I will stop doing it.

BTW, I don't want to brag, but I've made four cents through my affiliate program. Yay!
Yay! Your sig, if you use our tools, will automatically have our codes. :D

Betsy
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top