Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Uliana123 said:
Howdy! I'd like to recommend a great design company I just discovered - GetCovers https://client.getcovers.com/r/WX8P4X/
I would watch out for these guys. Their FAQ has a couple of red flags in it. First, they say they will work on covers not designed by them. Which, if a cover was designed by another designer, and wasn't a work-for-hire, isn't legal, because the designer of the cover owns the copyright. And second, they say you'll get all the copyrights for your cover design, but they use stock pics, which means that they can't grant all rights to a cover, because they don't own them all.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
ShayneRutherford said:
I would watch out for these guys. Their FAQ has a couple of red flags in it. First, they say they will work on covers not designed by them. Which, if a cover was designed by another designer, and wasn't a work-for-hire, isn't legal, because the designer of the cover owns the copyright. And second, they say you'll get all the copyrights for your cover design, but they use stock pics, which means that they can't grant all rights to a cover, because they don't own them all.
This is unfortunate, because the designer has a nice eye for typography. Hopefully, it's just inexperience.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Trioxin 245 said:
First time poster just so happens to rave about a company which I am sure she has no connection to.....
This. Spammers think everyone is stupid.

The problem is, many are when it comes to this stuff. Which is why we vet these things. Unfortunately, not everyone here gets that. Like every first time poster that plops a link to some unknown site is doing us a favour. ::)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts