Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this book mentioned in the April Bargain Books thread. It's only $1.99 so I snatched it up last night and I just finished reading it... and breathing again! Horror fans... do NOT pass this up!!! GREAT, GREAT book. I literally couldn't put it down. It's REALLY gory but that's the point of horror, isn't it? The pace was crazy and the plot was actually believable (maybe too believable?) which is half the battle with most horror. Bottom Line: If you want take a trip to hell and back and think you might enjoy it, GET THIS BOOK!

On a personal note... thank you Jack Kilborn for entertaining my sick mind in way few authors can. ;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Oh, horror, gory? Thanks for the review but I think I'll pass! Glad to hear you enjoyed it, though...

L

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for the review. Checked it out and it does look like a great scare (which I like) so had to get this one...especially for the price. Thanks, again. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wow, you are right, this is one hard to put down book! I'm about half way through and I'm afraid to get too attached to any of the characters. Excellent thriller.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am almost finished reading this book and it has to be one of the greatest horror stories, if not THE greatest, I've ever read.  I have fast become a Jack Kilborn fan.  I cannot put it down.  Excuse me while I get my nose back into this book.     

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I finished it last night too; but not in one night.
Definitely gory & entertaining - but if you don't like gore - you need to skip this one.
I'll look forward to more Kilborn.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
uuhhh... can any of you other horror fans recommend anything for me to read now?  lol  It's going to be hard to top this!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just finished reading this book, and I LOVED it!  It really gripped me from the beginning.  Very scary, and kind of gory, but excellent.  Can't wait for more from this author. 

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
pjune said:
I just finished reading this book, and I LOVED it! It really gripped me from the beginning. Very scary, and kind of gory, but excellent. Can't wait for more from this author.
If you're talking about Afraid, check out his website: http://www.jakonrath.com/freebies.htm#story

There are 3 or 4 of his early, unpublished books there that you can download free. And his Jack Daniels mystery series is really good as well, although not quite the same as Afraid.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I read this one too--it's the kind of book where you wonder if anyone is going to make it out alive. Not for the tender-hearted, that's for sure.

Marilyn
Author of No Sanctuary and Kindred Spirits

·
Registered
51 Posts
Great, thanks for the links!  I'm going to start with "Origin."  I had no idea he'd written so many other books!  I'll have to remember not to read just before I go to sleep, though.  I had nightmares when I was reading "Afraid." 

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I also read Origin this week and it too, was excellent!  I loved it... it was thought provoking and the concept was very unique and intriguing to me.  Bub is my new favorite character of all time. lol  Anyone who liked Afraid will probably also enjoy Origin as well and once again... you can't beat the price!!!  ;D

·
Registered
195 Posts
I read this one last week as well. It was fun. I'm reading Whiskey Sour right now, I'm enjoying the author, though I must admit, even as a fan of horror and thrillers, some of the descrptions of gore seem a bit over the top. For example (extremely adult content in the spoiler),
In Whiskey Sour the kiler stabs a woman and then rapes the stab wound to the point of ejaculation
even for me, that is a bit over the top. That being said, I'm still reading...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts